Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GyroFX

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 14, 2002
Los Angeles and NorCal
I have a problem where my Quicksilver shuts itself off once in the while. I have no idea what is the cause of this...maybe heat?...maybe something?...i don't know. Any suggestions will be helpful, thanx

hvfsl

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2001
London, UK
I expect it is heat since most computers now automatically shut down without warning if they get too hot. This can be a good thing since I know someone who had a IBM laptop that burst into flames when it got too hot because the fan and temp senors had stopped working.

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
Originally posted by hvfsl
I expect it is heat since most computers now automatically shut down without warning if they get too hot. This can be a good thing since I know someone who had a IBM laptop that burst into flames when it got too hot because the fan and temp senors had stopped working.

i thought they just went to sleep, because it's faster and the fans can keep running...

could be wrong tho...

pnw

awulf

macrumors 6502
Mar 1, 2002
South Australia
Well If your computer is running OS 9 then it maybe set to shut down automatically. To fix this problem if you do use OS 9 do the following:

From the menu bar: Apple -> Control Panels - > Energy Saver.

Then goto Schedule Start up & Shut down. Un tick the shut down option.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.