Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
Assuming you mean the current "Raspberry Red" offering of the Modern Buckle, I took a quick stab here..

Hero shot of RR MB on the left, concept of RR LL on the right. It's tough due to the leather texture and shading being so radically different, though.. but I tried :)

View attachment 938229
If they bright back ruby for a leather loop, I would not be mad. It’s such a toothsome classic buckle.

Reactions: jeremyfernie

Bram.96

macrumors regular
May 20, 2015
Netherlands
Assuming you mean the current "Raspberry Red" offering of the Modern Buckle, I took a quick stab here..

Hero shot of RR MB on the left, concept of RR LL on the right. It's tough due to the leather texture and shading being so radically different, though.. but I tried :)

View attachment 938229
Looks really good! The one I was thinking about was the old Product RED modern buckle, I believe its the same colour as the current Product RED leather case

Attachments

• MTQT2_AV1.jpeg
    MTQT2_AV1.jpeg
    182.9 KB · Views: 94
Reactions: Mikeyde1989

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
I’m pretty on board with these light colors contrasting with very vibrant colors. This one and Obsidian Mist/Hyper Turq have the same energy as Flat Silver/Volt which is an all time favorite.
I’m less convinced by the plausibility of the colors themselves than the fact that this shoe was made in the Ekiden colors last year, all four of them: hyper crimson, Neptune green, aurora green, and midnight turquoise. Do those ring a bell?

But maybe running shoes won’t be the inspiration this year and maybe this band shows in spring...there’s also a valerian colorway

mikedop

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 30, 2019
Oklahoma
I’m less convinced by the plausibility of the colors themselves than the fact that this shoe was made in the Ekiden colors last year, all four of them: hyper crimson, Neptune green, aurora green, and midnight turquoise. Do those ring a bell?

But maybe running shoes won’t be the inspiration this year and maybe this band shows in spring...there’s also a valerian colorway
Just excited for anything at this point!

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
Thanks for that quick yellow mock-up, really wasn’t thinking I’d get one. Most appreciated!
It’s Sunday, I have no bands left to buy...this is the equivalent of smoking resin left in a weed pipe. I tried orange and green and it’s predictably an unsightly mess. There’s def room for a burnt orange primary sport band but it needs a creamy neutral accent not green.

Reactions: jeremyfernie

rambo47

macrumors 65816
Oct 3, 2010
Denville, NJ
I'm in awe of the creative types here. Not just the Photoshop skills, but the vision to see it before it's actually created. My daughter is a graphics artist and her talents amaze me daily. My son and I are numbers guys. I can make an Excel spreadsheet sit up and do pet tricks. And I can fix things when they're broken. But creating something from an ideal? That's definitely not me. Even my stick figures are remedial.

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
No need to make another total orange mock-up...just want to leave this here as a very good sign...total AND spring 2020 hyper crimson AND my pick for a fall 2020 shoe-in flash crimson (or laser crimson)...this is the newest item in the catalog as of today...

E7C2E14E-C4E3-4CD9-B9BD-464550FA1302.jpeg

Reactions: twanj

mikedop

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 30, 2019
Oklahoma
No need to make another total orange mock-up...just want to leave this here as a very good sign...total AND spring 2020 hyper crimson AND my pick for a fall 2020 shoe-in flash crimson (or laser crimson)...this is the newest item in the catalog as of today...

View attachment 940552
We can only dream! You think they’d go vivid & bright for fall though?

mikedop

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 30, 2019
Oklahoma
Jade aura/flash crimson sport band (it’s seedless)

View attachment 939714 View attachment 939715 View attachment 939716
Barely volt variation and then the Dead dunk yellow in two dark and light...I feel like the Dunk yellow is too close to sunshine loop and pollen nylon, better to green it up I think...they never really seem to share shades with Nike...
View attachment 939878 View attachment 939879 View attachment 939880
Green abyss/total orange (miami hurricanes)
View attachment 941159

Green abyss/bright crimson (Miami dolphins, San Jose sharks)
View attachment 941161 View attachment 941160 View attachment 941162
Hyper crimson/total orange
View attachment 941165

Flash crimson/total orange
View attachment 941167

Flash crimson/hyper crimson
View attachment 941172
100%, Apple is going bright this fall...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.