Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
Orange Alpine Loop has opened the flood gates, I'd say.
I don’t know if it’s even “Hermes says no” I think it’s more just spread. It would be too much for both collabs to go orange. But then again there’s no Nike watch.

University Red loop at the very least, right? Continue the marketing images with Nike on the red alum

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
Pink Aluminum S9 - Hyper Pink/Pink Spell Nike Sport Band
1691050434374.png

Reactions: twanj

mikedop

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 30, 2019
Oklahoma
I want to bet on pink this season (esp following the barbie movie) but im doubtful we'll get new bands at all. convince me?

Reactions: SusieS

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
I want to bet on pink this season (esp following the barbie movie) but im doubtful we'll get new bands at all. convince me?
My money is on no new sport loop motif, delete sequoia, keep game royal and the neutrals, delete olive grey, keep bright crimson?

I guess the new red aluminum will still match it?

Add one new nike band of each type at best?

choreographics

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2015
Berlin, Germany
My money is on no new sport loop motif, delete sequoia, keep game royal and the neutrals, delete olive grey, keep bright crimson?

I guess the new red aluminum will still match it?

Add one new nike band of each type at best?

I expect an almost complete new collection of bands/colors in September, except the standards like Midnight and Starlight. And agreed, the pattern of Sport Loop might stay the same, which wouldn’t bother me.

I would be very disappointed if I wont be able to add another 50 bands to the database mid-September. Apple released only 18 bands in 2023 so far.

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
I expect an almost complete new collection of bands/colors in September, except the standards like Midnight and Starlight. And agreed, the pattern of Sport Loop might stay the same, which wouldn’t bother me.

I would be very disappointed if I wont be able to add another 50 bands to the database mid-September. Apple released only 18 bands in 2023 so far.
To be clear I’m talking about Nike bands.

I think the non-nike band collection size will stay the same for fall. Apple seems to emphasize the fall bands as a way to get interest going in the new watch and in their big holiday quarter.

It says a lot that Storm Blue got a watch face option. Feels like one they wouldn’t have bothered if that was a spring color?

I think they’ll have a brand new sport loop pattern for non-Nike.

And feels like the bands will really have to carry the day as the S9 will be so familiar hardware wise. New band type pretty please Apple!?

mikedop

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 30, 2019
Oklahoma
And agreed, the pattern of Sport Loop might stay the same, which wouldn’t bother me.
I'm all in on the new sport loops. Or, rather, I should clarify I mean I really like the design. Used to be meh, but I went and saw them in person for the first time. Now I'm on the hunt for deals on them!

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
I'm all in on the new sport loops. Or, rather, I should clarify I mean I really like the design. Used to be meh, but I went and saw them in person for the first time. Now I'm on the hunt for deals on them!
Yeah there’s a lot of optical illusion/perspective tricks happening with the gradient of pinstripes

Reactions: mikedop

SusieS

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2018
If they do release a pink AW9, I feel like they‘ll also need to do some kind of coordinating pink band. I’m just wondering how deep a pink the watch might be. Barely pink? Telemagenta like the rumored iPhone 15? I can’t wait to see.

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
If they do release a pink AW9, I feel like they‘ll also need to do some kind of coordinating pink band. I’m just wondering how deep a pink the watch might be. Barely pink? Telemagenta like the rumored iPhone 15? I can’t wait to see.
I went back and looked at my above pink aluminum concept a day later and it was looking too pink and I immediately desaturated it as far as possible without it being Starlight again.

I think itll be as light as the Rose Gold Aluminum, just more red tinted instead of burple:
1691357247297.png

Rose Gold Aluminum retail:
1691357319287.jpeg

Reactions: mikedop and SusieS

SusieS

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2018
I went back and looked at my above pink aluminum concept a day later and it was looking too pink and I immediately desaturated it as far as possible without it being Starlight again.

I think itll be as light as the Rose Gold Aluminum, just more red tinted instead of burple:
View attachment 2242479

View attachment 2242480
I was kinda hoping for this, kind of berry or fuchsia, but I know it’s probably unrealistic. Apple already has the bright red, so a bright pink might not be all that popular, or seem too toy-like? I only wear sport loops so I’m prepared to be disappointed this season. Maybe my old pomegranate sport loop would look good with a pink watch.

View attachment 2242479

View attachment 2242480
View attachment 2242491

Attachments

• IMG_2332.jpeg
    IMG_2332.jpeg
    75.7 KB · Views: 52

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
I was kinda hoping for this, kind of berry or fuchsia, but I know it’s probably unrealistic. Apple already has the bright red, so a bright pink might not be all that popular, or seem too toy-like? I only wear sport loops so I’m prepared to be disappointed this season. Maybe my old pomegranate sport loop would look good with a pink watch.

View attachment 2242491
That looks really nice but I just can’t see them going much more intense than Starlight. Almost everything after the colorful 24” iMacs has been such a struggle for bold color.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.