Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

agent10ve

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 13, 2006
Oregon
I was concidering buying an isight for my 18th birthday this friday... my question is...

Usually when I buy things by apple, I have the unfortunate luck of buying them right before something new is released. So are there any new webcams that apple is going to be unleashing any time soon? Or would it be a safe bet to buy the isight?

Reflow

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2005
NJ/PHL
I was concidering buying an isight for my 18th birthday this friday... my question is...

Usually when I buy things by apple, I have the unfortunate luck of buying them right before something new is released. So are there any new webcams that apple is going to be unleashing any time soon? Or would it be a safe bet to buy the isight?

Well with the new mac's out there I doubt they would come out with a new one. As for technology always changing, your better off just buying it.

pianoman

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2006
the iSights were recently unavailable from the online store and when they returned, there were no updates. with the integrated iSights becoming more popular (a few are speculating they will be integrated into a new line of Cinema Displays), your best bet is to buy one now. you can keep waiting and waiting and possibly get an updated model or you can just go for it now.

daze

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2006
San Jose, California

Just get one. I doubt any upgrades are happening in that department.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.