Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PhightinPhils26

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2007
Philly
This is great, I did it this morning and i am a very happy camper... Thank god I didn't slit my wrists like some were ready to! :p

b257177

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2007
This is great, I did it this morning and i am a very happy camper... Thank god I didn't slit my wrists like some were ready to! :p

Do you have full functionality, phone service and all? What was your scenario prior to the 1.1.1 update? Unlocked? Using AT&T SIM? Hacked at all?

SheepNutz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2007
Kantuckee
Do you have full functionality, phone service and all? What was your scenario prior to the 1.1.1 update? Unlocked? Using AT&T SIM? Hacked at all?

I did it on my locked AT&T iPhone, and I have full functionality without having to downgrade the modem firmware. I'm so happy to have apptap back!

Marcjcd

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2007

Can someone help me and tell me if I follow these instructions and have 1.0.2 downloaded (remaining in zip) on my desktop is that all thats needed to downgrade to 1.0.2 using apptapp? My phone has always been locked to at&t and only had apptapp installed when I updated to 1.1.1.

I see some people adding a step to use iasign or INdependance... Is that also needed or will apptapp take care of the rest after downgrading to 1.0.2.

Thanks

SheepNutz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2007
Kantuckee
Can someone help me and tell me if I follow these instructions and have 1.0.2 downloaded (remaining in zip) on my desktop is that all thats needed to downgrade to 1.0.2 using apptapp? My phone has always been locked to at&t and only had apptapp installed when I updated to 1.1.1.

I see some people adding a step to use iasign or INdependance... Is that also needed or will apptapp take care of the rest after downgrading to 1.0.2.

Thanks

You just need to 1.0.2 file that you have, and apptap. AppTap won't work the first time you install it, but it will the second time. Just follow all the steps and you should be good to go. I'd back up your camera roll pictures and do a sync right before you do it though, that way itunes will do the backup sync from a recent sync.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.