Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mac_in_tosh

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 6, 2016
Earth
A few weeks ago our family got new iPhones from Verizon. My wife received an email on June 26 from:

Apple TV <appletv@insideapple.apple.com>

with the title "Don't miss your free year of Apple TV+". Being reluctant to click on links in emails if I am not sure of the source, I went directly to Apple's website and found an offer of 3 free months of Apple TV+ with purchase of a new device. Does Verizon notify Apple that a device was purchased and then Apple contacts the purchaser using their Apple ID email address?

I am just wondering if the offer in the email is legit as it is different from the Apple TV+ website offer.

Thank you.

pmiles

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2013
It's because a new eligible device was added to your Apple ID that prompted the email. Some devices are automatically registered to your Apple ID upon purchase. The email you received is a mass-mailing without regard to your actual eligibility for the trial. You will find out if and for how long the trial will last when you try to activate the trial.

Reactions: mac_in_tosh

mac_in_tosh

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 6, 2016
Earth
Thanks all. We were able to activate the free year subscription, although why it asked us to log in about eight times I don’t know. I somehow doubt we’ll go beyond the year.

Reactions: Apple_Robert
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.