Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iJny9956

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 16, 2012
Long time iTunes user and managed huge library on there along with lossless and HD video content. Wanted to give Music app and TV app a try.

It's been infuriating.

Question:

I migrated form iTunes to Music. now I want to completely reset Music app. I delete /Users/{username}/Music/Music but when I launch Music app again everything comes back! folder is recreated.

same thing happening for TV app.

where are the library files/settings stored on BigSur?

Please Help. I tried searching google and it can not tell the difference between music, music app or Apple Music what a crap show.

----------

I'm open to hearing other options like a server/client where I can grab music to my device over the network if you have any suggestions.

BigBlur

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2021
Music should be stored at the folder you listed, and TV should be at /Users/{username}/Movies/TV. After you delete those folders, you can hold down the Option key while opening the apps to create new libraries.

Reactions: iJny9956

iJny9956

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 16, 2012
Music should be stored at the folder you listed, and TV should be at /Users/{username}/Movies/TV. After you delete those folders, you can hold down the Option key while opening the apps to create new libraries.
Right. Why does it come back every time the directory is deleted? Some config is stored somewhere. I deleted preferences from user library and containers from user folder still no go.

I’ll retry re creating but still think some instance is lingering somewhere.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.