Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jonathanbloom

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 13, 2009
I am curious, with the Smart Keyboard, does it work with the silicone/smart case? Do I need the silicone/smart case if I have the smart keyboard on it?

milhaus

macrumors member
Feb 10, 2011
I'm also quite confused here. Does the Smart Keyboard provide a case, or is it just a keyboard, to be used separately from the device?

Also, this line seems to indicate that you will need bot a smart cover and case for the back if you want full protection: "We’ve made Smart Covers and Silicone Cases especially for iPad Pro.1 The Smart Cover is crafted from durable polyurethane and comes in two colours — charcoal grey and white. The Silicone Case protects the back of your iPad Pro and is designed to pair seamlessly with the Smart Cover for complete front‑and‑back coverage." They're $174 for both in CAD! Am I reading this wrong?

Fuchal

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2003
I'm also quite confused here. Does the Smart Keyboard provide a case, or is it just a keyboard, to be used separately from the device?

Also, this line seems to indicate that you will need bot a smart cover and case for the back if you want full protection: "We’ve made Smart Covers and Silicone Cases especially for iPad Pro.1 The Smart Cover is crafted from durable polyurethane and comes in two colours — charcoal grey and white. The Silicone Case protects the back of your iPad Pro and is designed to pair seamlessly with the Smart Cover for complete front‑and‑back coverage." They're $174 for both in CAD! Am I reading this wrong?

Yes, the keyboard is simply a smart cover with a keyboard built in. No back protection.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.