Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

anjanesh

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 20, 2010
Navi Mumbai
Is it possible to connect an AirPods Pro (or any other regular bluetooth headset like Sony WI-C200) to an Apple Watch Series 7 Cellular with the iPhone being far away ?
At times I don't take my mobile with me when I go out for short intervals within the locality - I wear the watch though and was wondering if I can use the bluetooth headset to take calls / listen to music from via the watch ?

Lumpy05

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2010
Bloomington, IN
Yes I do this regularly going out for walks without phone. I use AirPods Pro with Apple Watch 7 cellular. I also did it before with non cellular just have to download music to the Watch memory while on Wi-Fi. Just start music or podcast from Watch app it should prompt to connect to headphones.

NME42

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2019
Yes. I have bluetooth headsets connected solely to my Apple Watch and use them for running without an iPhone nearby.

Reactions: anjanesh

skyhawkmatthew

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2007
Australia
It’s super simple with the AirPods and the universal pairing through iCloud so you don’t even need to do any setup on the watch. When you select some media to listen to on the watch, it‘ll pop up a dialog to confirm you’d like to play on the AirPods, then away you go.

perezr10

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2014
Monroe, Louisiana
Oh yes, you should be able to pick Spotify too. If you have the paid version, not the free version though. Someone correct me if I‘m wrong because I don’t use Spotify, but I believe that free Spotify doesn’t allow cellular standalone use on the watch.

My comment earlier was assuming if someone was using Apple Podcasts or Music.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.