Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slimp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 10, 2007
I'm fairly confident that there are no programs out right now that would allow me to sync/stream my itunes library from my mac to my ps3(like connect360), but I was just wondering if anybody was aware of any programs in development that can do this? yes, I know it might be possible by installing linux, but I am more interested in listening to my itunes music on my mac while playing games on my ps3.

Infestma

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2007
Hey moo, I was wondering if you ever got your ps3 to sync with eyeconnect. I tried it out and it works (as far as both devices seeing each other) but I can't get any of my music, pictures, or videos to play on PS3. It keeps saying there is a "connection error" or something. Please let me know. Thanks.

taeclee99

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2002
Anywhere but here
There is no easy way on a mac to do this that is free. Unfortunately, the best way to set up media streaming to the PS3 is through a pc only software called Tversity. It trancodes all your videos to the PS3 on the fly. (You do need a fairly powerful pc to do the trancoding though). Best of al, Tversity is free and is a snap to setup.

http://tversity.com/home

Infestma

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2007
Well, I guess I can get boot camp and xp installed on my mac and try it out. Thanks for your tip.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.