Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

regre7

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 18, 2006
Atlanta, GA
I have a friend who has a set of Sennheiser headphones, and he wants to use them the next time we play Halo at a friend's house. I've looked around for a solution, but I can't find one. I need a solution to take a RCA input (from Xbox) to a minijack or phone plug.

Thanks.

zimv20

macrumors 601
Jul 18, 2002
toronto
am i reading that correctly in that you want to plug headphones into an input?

regardless, headphones need a headphone amplifier to work properly, which are typically built in to the product.

zflauaus

macrumors 65816
Nov 19, 2004
After much surfing at the expense of school free time, I found a solution online. Here. This is available straight from Altec Lansing and is only available only from what I can find. It's $5. Hopefully your friend won't mind wait a little while for the spliter.

Your friend must know he needs to have a separate volume control, otherwise the headphones will have one constant volume.

regre7

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 18, 2006
Atlanta, GA
So the best bet would probably be to lug my 5.1 reciever over to the site?

(And no, I'm not quite so ignorant as to try to connect headphones to an input)

mooncaine

macrumors regular
Dec 19, 2004
Your location lists as Georgia, so, if that's the USA ... why not pop down to the local Radio Shack, spend $5 on an adapter, and be good to go? You've still got about an hour til the shop closes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.