Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chip83

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 11, 2016
we have one computer with two user accounts (myself and my wife) and want both to link to our fourth generation apple tv. Both are logged into the same apple ID account, and I can see the other user on my computer in iTunes. However, the apple TV only recognizes my account, and not my wife's. Any solutions would be appreciated.

BeefCake 15

macrumors 68020
May 15, 2015
TvOS is behind the curve on stuff like this, it doesn't even recognize family shared Apps well either. hopefully the update improves this.

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
Are you using Family Sharing? If so, you can see her purchases but you have to going into the family share section and switch to her. If not, then you have to go into Accounts and simply switch between Accounts. Easy to do because you do not need to enter the password when switching. My kids and I share this way. But my Wife and I are on the Family Plan but still buy everything thru 1 iTunes Account.

Suspended
Dec 27, 2003
I think it only recognizes one iTunes library per computer, which is frustrating.

I "solved" this by putting sharing one iTunes library for all users, which means everyone saw everyone else's playlists and purchases.

Hoping there's a better solution.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.