Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jordan921

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area
Has anyone had issue with AirPods max and connectivity? It keeps trying to connect even tho they are connected. Had an issue with it going into noise cancelling on their own.

usagora

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2017
Has anyone had issue with AirPods max and connectivity? It keeps trying to connect even tho they are connected. Had an issue with it going into noise cancelling on their own.

I've had mine for a few days and haven't experienced that. They stay connected until I remove them and reconnect as soon as put them back on. Are these new or have you had them a while before this started happening? Have you tried turning off any other Apple devices nearby to be sure it's not them trying to switch between the devices (though that shouldn't be happening)?

Htsi

macrumors 65816
Oct 14, 2020
Sometimes, but the instances reduce as time goes on. First gen woes.

Jordan921

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area
I've had mine for a few days and haven't experienced that. They stay connected until I remove them and reconnect as soon as put them back on. Are these new or have you had them a while before this started happening? Have you tried turning off any other Apple devices nearby to be sure it's not them trying to switch between the devices (though that shouldn't be happening)?
I’ve had them since release. Had to bring them into apple for replacement.

bigshot

macrumors 6502
May 7, 2021
I had an interesting experience the other day. I bought one of those psychedelic night lights that project stars on your ceiling, and I thought I'd play some music at the same time. I couldn't get my bluetooth speakers to connect solidly. They would start playing and then reset and disconnect. I turned off the nightlight and turned on the lights to figure out what the problem was and they connected immediately perfectly. Turned the nightlight back on and the speakers disconnected. Apparently the nightlight was putting out some sort of bluetooth interference. I had a similar problem with a smart light. The middle TV channels would occasionally be unreachable (I use an antenna). After about six months I figured out that there was just one bulb in the room that was causing the problem. Turn it on and the middle channels disappeared, turn it off and they were perfect. Interference is a problem and sometimes it can be difficult to figure out where it's coming from.

Reactions: Jordan921
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.