Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Al Rukh

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 15, 2017
What would you consider before splurging on a latest iPhone?

For me it’s the design and build quality and how it feels in my hands.

Pjrufus

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2014
I will upgrade my current iPhone 12p…
1. When it becomes unusable.
2. Home button and fingerprint ID returns. (Not gonna happen, I know.)

Reactions: klasma

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
To echo previous, when Apple has a new SE with Face ID that is a 6.1" or smaller when my 13 Mini becomes unusable and or we get the option for a Mini size again (doubt that will happen and why I got a 13 Mini last year, before they disappeared).

The base iPhones have lots of bells and whistles that are unimportant to me or not used, so paying a premium for what these days for me is an iPod that makes occasional calls and does a few other things is a big deal breaker. And I like smaller phones since more comfortable in my hand and fits easily in any pocket I have (and cars' cup holders).

The value proposition just is not there for me with the current line-up.

Reactions: klasma and Al Rukh

Al Rukh

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 15, 2017
For me, the new S24 looks appealing!

I’m just so tied into the Apple ecosystem.

If you’re really enthusiastic about it, buy the S24 outright and use it alongside your Apple devices. It might either convert you to an Android user or you might end up disliking the experience and stick to Apple.

Reactions: The Cockney Rebel

Allen_Wentz

macrumors 68030
Dec 3, 2016
USA
There will be 3-4 models; how do you decide which one you would go for?
Budget and personal preference. Folks with poor vision or who watch lots of imagery often do better with larger sizes. Folks who like small or who do less with their smartphones often do better with smaller sizes. You decide.

Personally I adamantly preferred smaller until my vision suddenly deteriorated and now I prefer iPhone Max.

supergt

macrumors 6502a
Feb 22, 2019
I just bought a new 14 Pro (coming from an Xs) for no other reason than it will be jailbroken within the next few months on iOS 16.5.1 an below.

Reactions: Tig Bitties

Pezimak

macrumors 68030
May 1, 2021
I consider value, camera quality for normal point and shoot, screen size and quality, weight. Handling.

I bought a 13 Pro refurb last year and was planning on keeping it for a while, sadly I can mostly use it, but some games are too small for my eyes on it, so I've decided to upgrade to a Max iPhone and based on my criteria think I've settled on the 15 Pro Max once its price drops, maybe when the 16 is launched.

I've looked at Max iPhones a lot before but held off due to their size. But the 15 is a bit lighter and I think easier to handle then other ones. Plus I get extended battery life.
And since having Pro Motion I can't go back lol. Hence the Pro range of iPhones being my option.

ghanwani

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2008
Does it have LCD screen?
Does it have a physical SIM?

Right now only the SE fits those two. Hope they continue to update it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.