Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stephen jobs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 18, 2006
i cant post in the marketplace yet, but i read macrumors alot and wanted to get a baseline value for my iMac G5. I am planning on selling it whenever a new MacBook Pro (Merom) comes out and getting a new MacBook Pro and an Apple Cinema Display. I have tons of software on my iMac through volume licensing at my school.

Here is what i got:
20" 2.1ghz iMac G5 with Front Row and iSight
1.5 gb RAM
Superdrive
250gb HDD
OS 10.4.7
iLife 06
iWork 06
Adobe Creative Suite 2 Teacher and Student Edition
Aperture 1.1.2
Final Cut Pro 5 Suite
LiveType
Cinema Tools
Compressor
DVD Studio Pro
Soundtrack Pro
Toast 7
EyeTV 2
MS Office 2004
Quicktime Pro 7
Dreamweaver 8

The Computer is in Perfect Condition, not one problem
im not exactly sure about the licensing issues with this preinstalled software, and if needed i can do a clean install of Tiger and get rid of it all.

Thanks for your help

mikeyredk

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2003
stephen jobs said:
i cant post in the marketplace yet, but i read macrumors alot and wanted to get a baseline value for my iMac G5. I am planning on selling it whenever a new MacBook Pro (Merom) comes out and getting a new MacBook Pro and an Apple Cinema Display. I have tons of software on my iMac through volume licensing at my school.

Here is what i got:
2.1ghz iMac G5 with Front Row and iSight
1.5 gb RAM
Superdrive
250gb HDD
OS 10.4.7
iLife 06
iWork 06
Adobe Creative Suite 2 Teacher and Student Edition
Aperture 1.1.2
Final Cut Pro 5 Suite
LiveType
Cinema Tools
Compressor
DVD Studio Pro
Soundtrack Pro
Toast 7
EyeTV 2
MS Office 2004
Quicktime Pro 7
Dreamweaver 8

The Computer is in Perfect Condition, not one problem
im not exactly sure about the licensing issues with this preinstalled software, and if needed i can do a clean install of Tiger and get rid of it all.

Thanks for your help

First thing is first you can't sell your volume licensing software you get from your school, and you can't transfer the license either

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
the value on these has fallen surprisingly quickly, I'm sorry to say. You can find them going for $1100 on ebay pretty regularly, and that's new. Yours has the RAM, but I don't think you could get more than $1100...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.