Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ursadorable

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 9, 2013
The Frozen North
Heyo..

So my monitor has two HDMI inputs, and I have my Mac Mini and PS4 Pro.. I'm adding a Nintendo Switch today, but I'm out of inputs. Additionally, since the Switch doesn't have a separate audio output I have to rely on HMDI audio.

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone has an experience and suggestions regarding a live video/audio capture device I can hook up and play a console through my Mac.

I see Elgato has a couple capture devices, but am worried about capture lag.

Anyone have any suggestions on what to buy?

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
Heyo..

So my monitor has two HDMI inputs, and I have my Mac Mini and PS4 Pro.. I'm adding a Nintendo Switch today, but I'm out of inputs. Additionally, since the Switch doesn't have a separate audio output I have to rely on HMDI audio.

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone has an experience and suggestions regarding a live video/audio capture device I can hook up and play a console through my Mac.

I see Elgato has a couple capture devices, but am worried about capture lag.

Anyone have any suggestions on what to buy?

Capture devices add to much lag for gaming...

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Why not simply use the PS4 remote play app on your Mac .... No dongles needed, just hook up your PS4 & Mac on same network, preferably via LAN.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.