Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pstoddard

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 13, 2023
I've had this issue in the last two cars I've had. Currently I have a 2019 Nissan Titan and CarPlay is spotty at best and is getting worse. One of a few things happens when I plug my phone into the USB (using an Apple cord).

1. CarPlay works perfectly as it should (hooray, happy day!)
2.My phone will charge but the infotainment system won't show that anything is plugged in and continue playing through BT.
3. My phone will show up as an iPod
4. The most annoying is that it will cycle through BT, iPod and Carplay until I unplugged my phone, ram the truck into a bridge pylon and set it on fire.

I am currently running iOS 16.3.1 on a iPhone13

Any help with this will possibly keep me out of the looney bin.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
I've had this issue in the last two cars I've had. Currently I have a 2019 Nissan Titan and CarPlay is spotty at best and is getting worse. One of a few things happens when I plug my phone into the USB (using an Apple cord).

1. CarPlay works perfectly as it should (hooray, happy day!)
2.My phone will charge but the infotainment system won't show that anything is plugged in and continue playing through BT.
3. My phone will show up as an iPod
4. The most annoying is that it will cycle through BT, iPod and Carplay until I unplugged my phone, ram the truck into a bridge pylon and set it on fire.

I am currently running iOS 16.3.1 on a iPhone13

Any help with this will possibly keep me out of the looney bin.

I had a similar issue with my 2021 Ford Ranger... I discovered a bit of pocket lint in the lightning port of my phone that was interfering with the connection... and another thing to check is to make sure both the phone's OS and the infotainment system's OS are up to date... Ford is pretty good about pushing updates, but when the truck was brand new, there was a "dealer only" update that fixed a couple of glitches... and then there are times with CarPlay just flat sucks bilge water. YMMV.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.