Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nosajgames

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2015
New York NY
I can 100% fix this issue (watchdog timeouts after computer idles) by disabling mediaanalysisd or photoanalysisd by using the app Launch Control - it requires SIP to be disabled to do so.

OR, if you let photos do a media/face analysis for several days until it's fully done (with a single monitor attached), then you can attach more monitors and it won't crash.

OR, you can run the app amphetamine and make sure your computer never enters the "idle" state. It keeps your computer running, but you'll never get face analysis in photos because that only happens when the computer is "idle."

I have called Apple 3 times to explain this to them, but the weren't interested in anything except replacing my computer.
I may have temporarily fixed mine, 24hrs uptime. Will return with details next week.

wills11

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2013
I can 100% fix this issue (watchdog timeouts after computer idles) by disabling mediaanalysisd or photoanalysisd by using the app Launch Control - it requires SIP to be disabled to do so.

OR, if you let photos do a media/face analysis for several days until it's fully done (with a single monitor attached), then you can attach more monitors and it won't crash.

OR, you can run the app amphetamine and make sure your computer never enters the "idle" state. It keeps your computer running, but you'll never get face analysis in photos because that only happens when the computer is "idle."

I have called Apple 3 times to explain this to them, but the weren't interested in anything except replacing my computer.
This is super helpful—and so crazy. I'm following your advice with Amphetamine for now.

The WindowServer crashes just began for me—when idling, several times a day. Not sure what triggered it, but wondering if I changed something in Photos regarding face analysis (i.e., adding a person, etc.).

You say crashes stop after letting face analysis run for several days and complete—but do they start again after adding new photos? And is there any reason to think the face analysis data is corrupt and can be fixed?

Thanks!

cjmildenberg

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2008
This is super helpful—and so crazy. I'm following your advice with Amphetamine for now.

The WindowServer crashes just began for me—when idling, several times a day. Not sure what triggered it, but wondering if I changed something in Photos regarding face analysis (i.e., adding a person, etc.).

You say crashes stop after letting face analysis run for several days and complete—but do they start again after adding new photos? And is there any reason to think the face analysis data is corrupt and can be fixed?

Thanks!
This gets triggered for me most times there is a OS point release, or major revision.

It's my working theory that every time that the face/media analysis algorithm gets updated and needs to "rescan" so to speak, that this triggers the crashes.

The crashes ONLY happen for me with two external monitors connected.

So, I let my computer run with a single monitor for about 7 days straight. This completes all the facial analysis, and then I never get crashes (until the next point release, etc)

You MUST let the analysis happen with amphetamine OFF, or it won't occur.

New pictures are added, and updated after that, and I don't get any crashes - perhaps because it only has to evaluate a few pictures at a time?

I've been working on this one for 3 years, and finally I have a repeatable pattern that allows me to troubleshoot it. Now if only I could get ONE PERSON at Apple to actually listen to me, we could get this one solved once and for all. It's literally lasted since Catalina.

Last edited:
Reactions: wills11 and bofh

cjmildenberg

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2008
Is there a way to see that face/media analysis has finished?
If you click on the people tab in photos, it will say the number of photos that have been analyzed, and it will say "people will finish updating when photos is in the background" or something to that effect.

I have best results when I let it go a few days AFTER that has completed and the message goes away, but that is somewhat unverified.

wills11

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2013
If you click on the people tab in photos, it will say the number of photos that have been analyzed, and it will say "people will finish updating when photos is in the background" or something to that effect.

I have best results when I let it go a few days AFTER that has completed and the message goes away, but that is somewhat unveri
This gets triggered for me most times there is a OS point release, or major revision.

It's my working theory that every time that the face/media analysis algorithm gets updated and needs to "rescan" so to speak, that this triggers the crashes.

The crashes ONLY happen for me with two external monitors connected.

So, I let my computer run with a single monitor for about 7 days straight. This completes all the facial analysis, and then I never get crashes (until the next point release, etc)

You MUST let the analysis happen with amphetamine OFF, or it won't occur.

New pictures are added, and updated after that, and I don't get any crashes - perhaps because it only has to evaluate a few pictures at a time?

I've been working on this one for 3 years, and finally I have a repeatable pattern that allows me to troubleshoot it. Now if only I could get ONE PERSON at Apple to actually listen to me, we could get this one solved once and for all. It's literally lasted since Catalina.
A couple things:

1. I don't see the number analyzed or the rest—just the number of people (see attached).

CleanShot 2022-01-08 at 19.46.54.png

2. It occurs to me that this might have started when I recently created a new photo library—which I almost certainly haven't had open long enough while idling to have been analyzed. From what I can tell by checking "Open Files and Ports" for photoanalysisd in Activity Monitor, it's scanning every photo library on my computer (including ones automatically backed up to external drives). But do you know for sure if each library needs to be left open in Photos to be correctly analyzed?

3. I was wondering if maybe the "Reset Suggested People" option in Preferences might help (see attached).

CleanShot 2022-01-08 at 19.41.54.png

Thanks for the hard work!

PS: I'm incredibly impressed that you isolated this issue—you need to somehow get the ear of one of the top techs there.

I had a bizarre iCloud issue that was escalated umpteen levels over at least a month, and I was getting these calls from some special engineering team in Seattle or somewhere. They said they'd never seen it before—it was causing weird stuff on everything from my Apple TV to my Watch to Handoff—and that the only real solution was to delete my entire iCloud account, which apparently isn't practical. They got it more or less working by having me sign in with an alias, and eventually it resolved itself.

bofh

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2021

I have best results when I let it go a few days AFTER that has completed and the message goes away, but that is somewhat unverified.
message disappeared yesterday but it crashed on idle / sleep 3 x since then.
should the chrashes stop right after the message disappears?

cjmildenberg

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2008
message disappeared yesterday but it crashed on idle / sleep 3 x since then.
should the chrashes stop right after the message disappears?
No - I had to let mine go for several days after the message disappeared about number of photos remaining to be analyzed. I think I gave it about 4-5 days AFTER it said it completed before I saw positive results.

I've now been crash-free on Monterey 12.1 with 3 monitors for several weeks of uptime.

paralyser

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2022
Thank You @cjmildenberg !!! Confirming Your opinion. I have a macbook pro, a mac mini, and a hackintosh. Since this only happens on my hackintosh, I flashed bios, video bios, ramtest, efitest, , etc, nothing helped. I experienced also, my hackintosh ( MULTIMONITORS OFC ) , only freezes alot after a fresh install. Several days adter installation it just stops freezing, it will freeze only every 3 days or so. ( Now I realized, because icloud fotos has finished face-matching ). For me the whole thing does not started with multimonitors., it started when I decided to move from google photos to iCloud. I have imported 6k + pictures. Once importing was done, my hackintosh started to freeze, and die every time it was idling. Tried to delete all of my photos from icloud, reimport , etc, same issue. Atm, trying to export all of my picture from iCloud, and importing it again, hope it skips the faulty ones. Reporting back, once i am done.

Ps. Thanks for the posts, shall be top1 in google searches.

Last edited:

paralyser

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2022
UPDATE: exporting and the reimporting photos does not helps! Having an empty icloud photo library does not trigger system crash. 3 minutes after importing photos started, osx crashed. Turning off 3 monitors, and having only one solved the problem. Could import photos back to icloud.

cjmildenberg

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2008
UPDATE: exporting and the reimporting photos does not helps! Having an empty icloud photo library does not trigger system crash. 3 minutes after importing photos started, osx crashed. Turning off 3 monitors, and having only one solved the problem. Could import photos back to icloud.
This is consistent with my experience. We need to find somebody at apple that is willing to help us resolve this one.

I'm curious to know if this issue persists with M1 Macs.

paralyser

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2022
This is consistent with my experience. We need to find somebody at apple that is willing to help us resolve this one.

I'm curious to know if this issue persists with M1 Macs.
Maybe they will help You, but not me, since I have theese errors on a HACKINTOSH, and generating crash reports will clearly show my hardware is a PC ツ btw I am open to test any idea.

Long Peter

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2021
I was having the same panics on my 2019, 27" iMac after updating to Monterey. Pretty much every wake from sleep would trigger it. Sometimes it would just happen if I turned my back for a few minutes. I'd hear the speakers pop, turn around and it would be restarting.

Disconnecting the second monitor has worked for 5 days so far. I just sleep my Mac on week nights and turn it off over the weekend. I used to leave it idle or sleeping most of the time to allow Dropbox to run in the background but a much faster internet connection means I no longer need to do that.

I was also previously having an issue with the fan randomly spinning up to 3700RPM (more than 100%) independent of workload and I don't feel like I had that happen since either.

In my case, I practically don't even use Photos.app except when it gets opened by mistake. There's an import from 2015, a single pic from 2019 and nothing else. The People tab is telling me I need to add more photos before it will even work. All that is a job for my iPhone, not my work machine.

paralyser

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2022
@cjmildenberg.
Looks like a faulty EDID from one of my monitors caused the problems. Atm I have 4 monitors, and photos constantly running in the background, but no freeze issues. Tried to trigger leaving the pc as many times to go idle as possible, but no freeze. Testing atm on BIG SUR ( I had constant freezes on mojave, catalina, big sur, and monterey).
One of my monitors was recognized as a proiector, so I googled a fix. Maybe You have same issue? Wrong EDID? Here is how I fixed it: https://spin.atomicobject.com/2021/01/17/external-monitor-color-space-part-2-big-sur/

Hope it helps You also!

Nevermind, crash and kernel panics came back.

Last edited:

feknoze

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2011
London, UK
I've also been getting random restarts, nearly always after stepping away from my machine, usually not whilst using it; but recently it's also been crashing whilst using it.

I have performed the following operations after reading some of the article here; (I am running a beta version of MacOS; but it was crashing randomly before that (just not as often).
WindowServer, watchdogd vm mentioned a lot - not sure if that's virtual memory / video memory?

Turned off Power nap, disabled hard disks going to sleep, extended timeout for monitor going to sleep and switched off screensaver; System has been up 2 hours since doing that.

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017); 3.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5; 32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4; Radeon Pro 580 8 GB
Monterey OS 12.3 Beta (21E5196i)

Andrew73875

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2022
I've also been getting random restarts, nearly always after stepping away from my machine, usually not whilst using it; but recently it's also been crashing whilst using it.

I have performed the following operations after reading some of the article here; (I am running a beta version of MacOS; but it was crashing randomly before that (just not as often).
WindowServer, watchdogd vm mentioned a lot - not sure if that's virtual memory / video memory?

Turned off Power nap, disabled hard disks going to sleep, extended timeout for monitor going to sleep and switched off screensaver; System has been up 2 hours since doing that.

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017); 3.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5; 32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4; Radeon Pro 580 8 GB
Monterey OS 12.3 Beta (21E5196i)
Hi! Did you install the latest security update 2022-001? If yes, than this thread can be helpful

feknoze

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2011
London, UK
Thanks, I'm not sure about the security update; however this worked for about 2 days before it started playing up again. and far more often. I decided to remove the memory I bought for it (this has been installed since day1), and replace it with the stock memory.
I also spent more effort with disk utility and found an option to show containers as well as disks, when running first aid on the primary container I was getting a lot of warnings that MT mapping is not completely referenced, this ran me down a Fusion drive rabbit hole (I know I broke my fusion a couple of years ago, but I "fixed" it with a guide) it appears with the latest version of MacOS it's a simple command line in terminal. So I processed that as well (after backing up my files.) I no longer get freezing, the beach ball or crashes. It's been rock solid the past 3 days.

russyq

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2022
Thanks, everyone, who contributed to this thread. I've been having the same issues described (iMac Pro 2017, macOS Monterey 12.2.1, no external monitor) for the last couple of months and — like others — had tried all the usual diagnostics and resets without luck. I couldn't figure out what had changed. My machine has been super stable for the last 4 years.

After reading the last few pages of this thread, I identified something. Over the Christmas break, I spent time identifying people in my large iCloud Photos library. I had never really used the People feature, but went through manually adding names, then confirming the suggestions. Now I have over 100 people identified. While that didn't obviously start the kernel panics when idle. I'm now wondering if it's whenever new photos get added to iCloud. About 1–3 times a week, I get to my desk in the morning and my iMac Pro has reset with the same watchdog-induced kernel panic. I'm trying to match this with my behavior, but — as happened last night — my current theory is that it's triggered when I go out the evening before — while my iMac Pro is idling — see friends, take a photo of them/us with my iPhone. That photo goes to iCloud, then to my iMac Pro and that triggers whatever the bug is with the background analysis threads.

j2048b

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2009
Cali
Ever since i removed my logitech software and mouse i havent had a single panic or restart........

Edit....

I tried using google back up again today on my mac mini and what do ya know? Kablooey... Dang computer shut itself off again ... Havent had an issue since i removed the logitech software and while i tried using google back up to the drive, it happened then as well, so it just might be an issue using google back up....

Last edited:

MarineBand5524

macrumors 6502
Dec 17, 2021
Damn thats crazy, and yet apple doesnt have an answer as to why? Seems very odd, everything is pointing to a non return time out when trying to access a certain server.... Maybe they are blocking certain machines especially ones (if they are hacked) that have bypassed their security or running a patch?

But that wouldnt be yours in this case,

Honestly it has to be a third party software issue, it was for me, once i removed the logitech crap from my computer it hasnt occured since... I also changed out my ups batteries as well...
Nope and they just replaced it yet again. Now I'm running 12.2. Figured the 3rd time would be the charm but woke up yesterday with another one.

MarineBand5524

macrumors 6502
Dec 17, 2021
Thanks, everyone, who contributed to this thread. I've been having the same issues described (iMac Pro 2017, macOS Monterey 12.2.1, no external monitor) for the last couple of months and — like others — had tried all the usual diagnostics and resets without luck. I couldn't figure out what had changed. My machine has been super stable for the last 4 years.

After reading the last few pages of this thread, I identified something. Over the Christmas break, I spent time identifying people in my large iCloud Photos library. I had never really used the People feature, but went through manually adding names, then confirming the suggestions. Now I have over 100 people identified. While that didn't obviously start the kernel panics when idle. I'm now wondering if it's whenever new photos get added to iCloud. About 1–3 times a week, I get to my desk in the morning and my iMac Pro has reset with the same watchdog-induced kernel panic. I'm trying to match this with my behavior, but — as happened last night — my current theory is that it's triggered when I go out the evening before — while my iMac Pro is idling — see friends, take a photo of them/us with my iPhone. That photo goes to iCloud, then to my iMac Pro and that triggers whatever the bug is with the background analysis threads.
Interesting. I wish I could tell you or confirm this for me, but I'm running my iPhone/iPad on a different user than my MacBook pro.

new_here

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2022
I'm facing the same issue, having MacBook Pro (2016) Quad Core i7 with 16GB RAM and 2GB Radeon Pro 450 on Big-Sur and Monterey OS, I faced this specifically when I've tried to run android studio emulator CPU goes to up to 600%(qeemu-system-x86_64) while using 4 cores or while compiling the app or some times just while browsing. Some times that happens after every few minutes and some time after few days. While this fans become very noisy and system become unresponsive and then restart. Tried every possible solution and still in no where. Kindly help me out or guide me what to do.

Moreover have ZERO photos and not linked with Google drive and iCloud. and 2,3 apps installed. I'm also attaching the crash report if that helps to diagnose the problem.

panic(cpu 4 caller 0xffffff801516799f): userspace watchdog timeout: no successful checkins from WindowServer in 120 seconds service: logd, total successful checkins since wake (2750 seconds ago): 276, last successful checkin: 0 seconds ago service: WindowServer, total successful checkins since wake (2750 seconds ago): 264, last successful checkin: 120 seconds ago service: opendirectoryd, total successful checkins since wake (2750 seconds ago): 276, last successful checkin: 0 seconds ago Panicked task 0xffffff9bc5ce4030: 3 threads: pid 115: watchdogd Backtrace (CPU 4), panicked thread: 0xffffff9bc4cab000, Frame : Return Address 0xffffffe5b1cbb690 : 0xffffff8011c81c8d 0xffffffe5b1cbb6e0 : 0xffffff8011de1596 0xffffffe5b1cbb720 : 0xffffff8011dd0963 0xffffffe5b1cbb770 : 0xffffff8011c21a70 0xffffffe5b1cbb790 : 0xffffff8011c8205d 0xffffffe5b1cbb8b0 : 0xffffff8011c81816 0xffffffe5b1cbb910 : 0xffffff8012515223 0xffffffe5b1cbba00 : 0xffffff801516799f 0xffffffe5b1cbba10 : 0xffffff80151675f2 0xffffffe5b1cbba30 : 0xffffff8015166971 0xffffffe5b1cbbb60 : 0xffffff8012483a8c 0xffffffe5b1cbbcc0 : 0xffffff8011d872e6 0xffffffe5b1cbbdd0 : 0xffffff8011c5c9ab 0xffffffe5b1cbbe60 : 0xffffff8011c731f9 0xffffffe5b1cbbef0 : 0xffffff8011db35aa 0xffffffe5b1cbbfa0 : 0xffffff8011c22256 Kernel Extensions in backtrace: com.apple.driver.watchdog(1.0)[D6F8B92D-3418-34BA-B42B-F553E0C44C29]@0xffffff8015165000->0xffffff8015167fff Process name corresponding to current thread (0xffffff9bc4cab000): watchdogd Mac OS version: 21F79 Kernel version: Darwin Kernel Version 21.5.0: Tue Apr 26 21:08:22 PDT 2022; root:xnu-8020.121.3~4/RELEASE_X86_64 Kernel UUID: 3C587984-4004-3C76-8ADF-997822977184 KernelCache slide: 0x0000000011a00000 KernelCache base: 0xffffff8011c00000 Kernel slide: 0x0000000011a10000 Kernel text base: 0xffffff8011c10000 __HIB text base: 0xffffff8011b00000 System model name: MacBookPro13,3 (Mac-A5C67F76ED83108C) System shutdown begun: NO Panic diags file available: YES (0x0) Hibernation exit count: 0 System uptime in nanoseconds: 4996634308428 Last Sleep: absolute base_tsc base_nano Uptime : 0x0000048b5e9cf6fe Sleep : 0x0000020ab72840c3 0x000000006263f75c 0x000001febb09d5e1 Wake : 0x0000020ac17426ba 0x0000000062ac3f9c 0x0000020abfa47256 Compressor Info: 4% of compressed pages limit (OK) and 6% of segments limit (OK) with 1 swapfiles and OK swap space Zone info: Zone map: 0xffffff909156b000 - 0xffffffb09156b000 . PGZ : 0xffffff909156b000 - 0xffffff909356c000 . VM : 0xffffff909356c000 - 0xffffff955fd6b000 . RO : 0xffffff955fd6b000 - 0xffffff96f956b000 . GEN0 : 0xffffff96f956b000 - 0xffffff9bc5d6b000 . GEN1 : 0xffffff9bc5d6b000 - 0xffffffa09256b000 . GEN2 : 0xffffffa09256b000 - 0xffffffa55ed6b000 . GEN3 : 0xffffffa55ed6b000 - 0xffffffaa2b56b000 . DATA : 0xffffffaa2b56b000 - 0xffffffb09156b000 Metadata: 0xffffff906b55b000 - 0xffffff908b55b000 Bitmaps : 0xffffff908b55b000 - 0xffffff909155b000 last started kext at 2044319779345: >usb.cdc.acm 5.0.0 (addr 0xffffff7faaa1d000, size 12288) last stopped kext at 4976670683966: >IOPlatformPluginLegacy 1.0.0 (addr 0xffffff7faadb1000, size 36864) loaded kexts: >AudioAUUC 1.70 >!APlatformEnabler 2.7.0d0 >AGPM 129 >X86PlatformShim 1.0.0 >!AHIDALSService 1 @kext.AMDFramebuffer 4.0.8 @filesystems.autofs 3.0 >!AHDA 340.2 >!AUpstreamUserClient 3.6.9 @kext.AMDRadeonX4000 4.0.8 @kext.AMDRadeonServiceManager 4.0.8 >!A!IPCHPMC 2.0.1 >eficheck 1 >!AGraphicsDevicePolicy 6.5.7 >!A!ISKLGraphics 18.0.7 @AGDCPluginDisplayMetrics 6.5.7 >!AGFXHDA 140.3 >pmtelemetry 1 |IOUserEthernet 1.0.1 >usb.!UUserHCI 1 >!AHV 1 >!ADiskImages2 126.100.13 @kext.AMD9500!C 4.0.8 >AGDCBacklightControl 6.5.7 >SMCMotionSensor 3.0.4d1 >!AEmbeddedOSSupportHost 1 >!AMuxControl 6.5.7 >!A!ISKLGraphicsFramebuffer 18.0.7 >!AMCCSControl 1.16 >!AThunderboltIP 4.0.3 >!A!ISlowAdaptiveClocking 4.0.0 >!AFileSystemDriver 3.0.1 @filesystems.tmpfs 1 @filesystems.lifs 1 @filesystems.hfs.kext 583.100.10 @BootCache 40 @!AFSCompression.!AFSCompressionTypeZlib 1.0.0 @!AFSCompression.!AFSCompressionTypeDataless 1.0.0d1 >!ATopCaseHIDEventDriver 5450.8 @filesystems.apfs 1934.121.2 >AirPort.BrcmNIC 1400.1.1 @private.KextAudit 1.0 >!ASmartBatteryManager 161.0.0 >!AACPIButtons 6.1 >!ARTC 2.0.1 >!ASMBIOS 2.1 >!AACPIEC 6.1 >!AAPIC 1.7 @!ASystemPolicy 2.0.0 @nke.applicationfirewall 402 |IOKitRegistryCompatibility 1 |EndpointSecurity 1 @Dont_Steal_Mac_OS_X 7.0.0 @kec.!AEncryptedArchive 1 >!AAudioClockLibs 140.1 >driverkit.serial 6.0.0 @kext.triggers 1.0 >DspFuncLib 340.2 @kext.OSvKernDSPLib 529 @kext.AMDRadeonX4100HWLibs 1.0 @kext.AMDRadeonX4000HWServices 4.0.8 >usb.IOUSBHostHIDDevice 1.2 >!A!ILpssUARTv1 3.0.60 >!A!ILpssUARTCommon 3.0.60 >!AOnboardSerial 1.0 |IOSerial!F 11 >!AHDA!C 340.2 |IOHDA!F 340.2 |IOAudio!F 340.2 @vecLib.kext 1.2.0 |IO!BSerialManager 9.0.0 |IO!BPacketLogger 9.0.0 |IO!BHost!CUSBTransport 9.0.0 |IO!BHost!CUARTTransport 9.0.0 |IO!BHost!CTransport 9.0.0 >IO!BHost!CPCIeTransport 9.0.0 |IOAVB!F 1040.6 @plugin.IOgPTPPlugin 1040.3 |IOEthernetAVB!C 1.1.0 |CSR!BHost!CUSBTransport 9.0.0 |Broadcom!BHost!CUSBTransport 9.0.0 |Broadcom!B20703USBTransport 9.0.0 >!AIPAppender 1.0 @kext.AMDSupport 4.0.8 >!ABacklightExpert 1.1.0 |IONDRVSupport 597 >!AGraphicsControl 6.5.7 |IOAccelerator!F2 462.8 >!ASMBus!C 1.0.18d1 >!AThunderboltDPOutAdapter 8.5.1 >X86PlatformPlugin 1.0.0 >IOPlatformPlugin!F 6.0.0d8 @!AGPUWrangler 6.5.7 @!AGraphicsDeviceControl 6.5.7 |IOGraphics!F 597 |IOSlowAdaptiveClocking!F 1.0.0 >usb.cdc.ecm 5.0.0 >usb.cdc.ncm 5.0.0 >usb.!UiBridge 1.0 >usb.cdc 5.0.0 >usb.networking 5.0.0 >usb.!UHostCompositeDevice 1.2 >!AThunderboltDPInAdapter 8.5.1 >!AThunderboltDPAdapter!F 8.5.1 >!AThunderboltPCIDownAdapter 4.1.1 >!ABSDKextStarter 3 |IOSurface 302.14 @filesystems.hfs.encodings.kext 1 >!AActuatorDriver 5450.14 >!AHIDKeyboard 228.2 >!AMultitouchDriver 5450.14 >!AInputDeviceSupport 5450.4 >!AHS!BDriver 5450.8 >IO!BHIDDriver 9.0.0 >!AHSSPIHIDDriver 63 >!AXsanScheme 3 >!AThunderboltNHI 7.2.81 |IONVMe!F 2.1.0 >!AHSSPISupport 63 |IO80211!FLegacy 1200.12.2b1 |IOSkywalk!F 1.0 >mDNSOffloadUserClient 1.0.1b8 >corecapture 1.0.4 >!A!ILpssSpi!C 3.0.60 >!AHPM 3.4.4 |IOThunderbolt!F 9.3.3 >!A!ILpssI2C!C 3.0.60 >!A!ILpssDmac 3.0.60 >!A!ILpssI2C 3.0.60 >!A!ILpssGspi 3.0.60 >usb.!UXHCIPCI 1.2 >usb.!UXHCI 1.2 >usb.!UHostPacketFilter 1.0 |IOUSB!F 900.4.2 >!AEFINVRAM 2.1 >!AEFIRuntime 2.1 |IOSMBus!F 1.1 |IOHID!F 2.0.0 |IOTimeSync!F 1040.3 |IONetworking!F 3.4 >DiskImages 493.0.0 |IO!B!F 9.0.0 |IOReport!F 47 $quarantine 4 $sandbox 300.0 @kext.!AMatch 1.0.0d1 |CoreAnalytics!F 1 >!ASSE 1.0 >!AKeyStore 2 >!UTDM 533.120.2 |IOUSBMass!SDriver 210.120.3 |IOSCSIBlockCommandsDevice 456.121.3 |IO!S!F 2.1 |IOSCSIArchitectureModel!F 456.121.3 >!AMobileFileIntegrity 1.0.5 $!AImage4 4.2.0 @kext.CoreTrust 1 >!AFDEKeyStore 28.30 >!AEffaceable!S 1.0 >!ACredentialManager 1.0 >KernelRelayHost 1 |IOUSBHost!F 1.2 >!UHostMergeProperties 1.2 >usb.!UCommon 1.0 >!ABusPower!C 1.0 >!ASEPManager 1.0.1 >IOSlaveProcessor 1 >!AACPIPlatform 6.1 >!ASMC 3.1.9 |IOPCI!F 2.9 |IOACPI!F 1.4 >watchdog 1 @kec.pthread 1 @kec.Libm 1 @kec.corecrypto 12.0

Reactions: SantaSteve

SantaSteve

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2022
Same issue and almost the same configuration:
MacBook Pro (2016) Quad Core i7 except with 32GB RAM and 2GB Radeon Pro 5500M on Monterey OS.

Have 3 monitors plus the Retina screen, tried reducing to 2 then 1 with the Retina and same issue.

Almost every time that the system is put into screensaver at the end of the day then next morning I end up having the panic. I also have issues with the screens going blank for about a minute then come back on. Don't really run anything very taxing on the system since retiring but chrome, once in a while Camtasia. Have some photos in the photos.app but don't access them on my computer very often, have 10 people under the people tab.

Keep sending the report to apple but NEVER hear back.

Would love to know what I have to do to fix this issue as it is really a pain.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.