Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ra1nwoman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 9, 2012
After the upgrade to 7.1, I notice that my iPhone 5s homescreen has the spinning wheel (data transmission) all the time.

I reset my phone, turned off background app refresh, restore/re-install, etc. - but nothing worked.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Edit: Noticed another apple discussions thread on this matter.

Vanilla35

macrumors 68040
Apr 11, 2013
Washington D.C.
After the upgrade to 7.1, I notice that my iPhone 5s homescreen has the spinning wheel (data transmission) all the time.

I reset my phone, turned off background app refresh, restore/re-install, etc. - but nothing worked.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Edit: Noticed another apple discussions thread on this matter.

Sounds weird. If it's been doing it for more than an hour, after you reset and closed out of all your apps; then maybe you should try a restore.

Also check iCloud and Background app refresh settings. Sometimes it gets weird after an update for me. Especially background app refresh

outlawarth

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2011
Same thing for me: constant spinning wheel. I reset the phone (hold down home button and power/wake button). So far the problem seems to have gone away.

ra1nwoman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 9, 2012
Yeah, it goes away after a reset. But comes back after a while (say like download or update an app)

LordQ

Suspended
Sep 22, 2012
I had the same problem after I restored my phone to 7.1, I guess it was all the iCloud stuff, it went away by its own.

joju58

macrumors member
Mar 4, 2012
New York, NY
It was driving me nuts last week or so. did every possible things to solve this: deleted one at a time each tweak, didn't helped. Then did reset networks, also no go. Numerous times reboots and resprings, no go. Restarted my home wifi router, nope. This afternoon Vestigo tweak was updated (had problem before and after this tweak), and guess what.... it's about 4 or 5 hours already and that stupid spinning wheel is no more in my status bar. Hope this post will help. By the way I'm not advertising Vestigo tweak, i don't even know how it works yet :)

jr866gooner

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2013
I seem to notice it after using Facebook, either that or emails!

It isn't present when I'm in an app except when loading something but once I leave the app back to the homescreen the spinning wheel is present..

Jaguarr40

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2014
Sarasota, Florida
Simply as previously advised here - Hard reset or do a clean restore and it will go away, It just gets hung up non-responsive no different than a desktop computer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.