Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scribble79

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 12, 2014
I got a message on my phone saying I could not make a cell connection until I updated my software from 13.1.3 to 13.2.1. I had never seen this before but proceeded to try and upgrade to the newest one and it took 5 attempts before it finally went through. It seemed that all was good after that. I left work and on the way home lost my cell connection again. I called apple support and they said to reset my network connection. I did this and everything was working fine. fast forward 2 days and the network connection failed again. I did as they suggested and reset the network connection. I had to do another reset later that day and since last night it has been working fine.
anyone else experience this problem before. I also noted that when driving home listening to my music on my phone it would cut out momentarily while playing.

Minorite

macrumors 6502a
May 8, 2018
Poland
I would suspect a dying baseband in case of iPhone 7. If it's another model I would check with a new SIM card and check for carrier updates (Settings > General > About).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.