Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

miknos

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 14, 2008
When using my device I see the Location Services icon every thirty minutes (approximately).

I realised the culprit is "Setting Time Zone" under Privacy/ Location Settings/ System Services. EVEN WHEN DISABLED it continues to use my GPS.

Does this bug happens only with me?

Attachments

• IMG_6918.jpg
    IMG_6918.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 243

miknos

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 14, 2008
Set time zone to auto,then turn off location services.

Already tried enabling and disabling. Nothing changes.

Disabling Location Services completely block it since I stop seeing the arrow icon but it is cumbersome having to enable it every time I need to use an app (i.e. like Maps).

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Im fairly confident it is a bug been reported in iOS 10.3.x. I believe its fixed in iOS 11.

Reactions: miknos

miknos

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 14, 2008
Im fairly confident it is a bug been reported in iOS 10.3.x. I believe its fixed in iOS 11.

Thank you very much! I was getting paranoid, thinking it was a tracking software my wife installed. I'm using my foot fingerprint to unlock my device just in case!

She's getting suspicious after many long night calls. When she asks who it was, I reply "wrong number".

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Thank you very much! I was getting paranoid, thinking it was a tracking software my wife installed. I'm using my foot fingerprint to unlock my device just in case!

She's getting suspicious after many long night calls. When she asks who it was, I reply "wrong number".

Even if tracking software was installed, it wouldn't show up as setting time zone. You would see it using "shoe my location" or the actual app itself under location services.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.