Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bigironmech

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2018
Florida
I have seen some things posted about this but they do not make sense to me. I am not the smartest with these things though.

I have had iPhones for a long time now. There has always been 4 in my house. Mine, wife, and two sons. I also have two iPads and MacBook Pro and iMac.All with the same Apple ID. We share and see everything. All pics, calendars, contacts, whatever. We have never had a problem.

Just updated my phone to the XS Max and gave my 6S Plus to my daughter. We still have 4 phones and all the other stuff on the same account.

My contact card on my phone changes to my daughters info, and her phone (my old phone) changes to my info. I am able to go in and change it, just to have it return minutes later. I have reset the phones numerous times. I set her phone up as a new phone, but my new one was started using my phones backup. I have turned iMessages off/on numerous times. I have ensured that we have our personal numbers selected as the numbers we can send/receive calls/texts. BUT the phones keep reverting back to the wrong contact card information. The contact info at the top of the Contacts screen with "your" info on it. It changes.

I have never had this happen ever before, and we have upgraded at least one phone a year for the past 5-6yrs now. What am I doing wrong? Its obviously something with the cloud but I don't know what.

WHY? How do I fix this?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.