Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chavlina

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 11, 2018
Hi, something strange happened. I have all my contacs with their names and numbers stored, but when they call me, i only see their number without names. That worked perfect, untill today. Someone had a same issue?

chavlina

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 11, 2018
I just came back from the US to Europe. Maybe there is a problem? Any idea how to solve that problem?

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
I just came back from the US to Europe. Maybe there is a problem? Any idea how to solve that problem?

That would have been something worth mentioning. There might be settings that need to be reset. Do you have your local carrier's SIM card in your phone?

I would also call your carrier and explain what is happening.

jpn

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2003
i had similar problems - but in Messages - where only the contact phone or iMessage email was being shown, not the name of the associated name of the contact.
in my case it was caused by signing out of iCloud and then signing back in.
to fix it what i needed to do was to go into Messages and click on each message and then enter any character in the contact's notes area. and this forced the contact to save and re-sync and then the name of the contact would show.
try doing something similar with Contacts and see if the associated phone calls from that person then show their name.
its not a carrier issue. its a device level issue (at least the solution is).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.