Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrochester

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 8, 2009
Hi all

I’ve been setting pictures for my contacts (which are synced via iCloud). I pick a photo, use the circular selection highlight to frame the person and then select done.

However, if I go back later to a contact I’ve set a picture for, sometimes the contact photo will not be the selection I made. It’s the same photo, but the circular highlight selection has moved randomly to another part of the photo.

Does anyone know what is happening and how to stop it?

Many thanks

M.

ApplePersonFreak

macrumors 65816
Sep 23, 2016
That has happened way before the IPhone X, btw. It’s happened to me for a very long time and thought I was the only one. Guess that’s just the way it is, I am OCD so when that happens I just pick another picture that does fit. Lol

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
Make sure you all refer back to this post when your spouse asks you why the contact picture of your neighbor is focused on a part of their anatomy not their face.

Plausible deniability.

jk

Sir Ruben

macrumors 68000
Jul 3, 2010
UK
Yeah this has been happening for years on multiple devices and versions of iOS. Its a pain in the a$$.

Reactions: adammusic

deuxani

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2010
The best way to add profile pics on your iPhone is to edit them before adding them as profile picture. Make it the same aspect ratio as the screen and preferable the same resolution. That fixed all my issues.

Channan

macrumors 68030
Mar 7, 2012
New Orleans
I can’t believe this is still an issue. I just searched for this issue hoping for a solution. Apparently there is none and this topic was created over 3½ years ago, and back then they were talking about this being an issue for several years already. That’s ridiculous.

Reactions: adammusic
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.