Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ambermai23

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 15, 2022
Hello, I have an iPhone and a Mac desktop and a Mac laptop. My contacts do not sync properly--contacts added to my iPhone do not appear on my desktop or laptop. Consequently my messages don't show my contacts on my desktop. I use iCloud to back everything up (the same iCloud account). This happened between my phone and laptop before I got the desktop recently, but the desktop is having the same issues.

Ruggy

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2017
This isn't a hardware problem this is a problem with your account or iCloud.
I suggest you sign out of your account on all devices and then sign in again as that can solve problems.

ambermai23

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 15, 2022
This isn't a hardware problem this is a problem with your account or iCloud.
I suggest you sign out of your account on all devices and then sign in again as that can solve problems.
What made you think that I thought it was a hardware problem?
Signing in and out did not help.

Ruggy

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2017
Well you mention all your hardware and the latest one being your new desktop but nothing else.
You didn't think to mention what operating systems anything was running or anything you'd actually tried.

Scruff1026

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2022
Having the same issue with my new MacBook. Seems like the fix should be simple but I am having no luck so far.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.