Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mark.ipad.air

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2015
Hereford, UK
image.png image.png Using Public beta ios9. when trying to edit a contact in the stock Contacts app, if you try to add an address, you cannot see the text as you type it in, but when you click "done" the text is shown.

I've inserted screen shots, one shows me in the edit mode, and at that point I had typed "this is an address".

In the second shot, I had clicked the "done" box

aLso, if you try to delete the address, you end up with a hanging field with no data, and if you continue to do this, you end up with loads of empty fields with no way to delete them.

Third shot shows an attempt to delete an address field

Another screen shot shows the result of apparently "removing" the address field.

image.png image.png image.png image.png

Last edited:

moomanjohnny

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2014
California
View attachment 568055 View attachment 568056 Using Public beta ios9. when trying to edit a contact in the stock Contacts app, if you try to add an address, you cannot see the text as you type it in, but when you click "done" the text is shown.

I've inserted screen shots, one shows me in the edit mode, and at that point I had typed "this is an address".

In the second shot, I had clicked the "done" box

aLso, if you try to delete the address, you end up with a hanging field with no data, and if you continue to do this, you end up with loads of empty fields with no way to delete them.

Third shot shows an attempt to delete an address field

Another screen shot shows the result of apparently "removing" the address field.

View attachment 568058 View attachment 568059 View attachment 568055 View attachment 568056

I have been unable to replicate this on my iPhone 6 and iPad 3... What iPad are you using?

KappaSigma

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2015
I have the exact same problem on iPhone 6. When you edit an existing contact I can't save the new address it just doesn't type or show. Also, if you find an address in maps and add it to an existing contact, that doesn't work either. Are you having the same problem?

moomanjohnny

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2014
California
I have the exact same problem on iPhone 6. When you edit an existing contact I can't save the new address it just doesn't type or show. Also, if you find an address in maps and add it to an existing contact, that doesn't work either. Are you having the same problem?
Nope, my contacts app and adding an address from maps app is working fine on iPhone 6 and iPad 3. One question, did you use the same backup on the iPad and iPhone? The only solution I can think of right now is doing a fresh restore of iOS 8.4 and reinstalling the public beta.

KappaSigma

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2015
Your
Nope, my contacts app and adding an address from maps app is working fine on iPhone 6 and iPad 3. One question, did you use the same backup on the iPad and iPhone? The only solution I can think of right now is doing a fresh restore of iOS 8.4 and reinstalling the public beta.
You're probably right, I'll wait for the second public beta just to check, wouldn't want to lose my messages and health just to fix contacts. I have the same issue on my iPad 2 with public beta so hoping it's just a software issue.

Mark.ipad.air

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2015
Hereford, UK

...Not exactly, but I've noticed that, if I click on the "empty" address field, Maps opens, and then it says "no results found"

Mark.ipad.air

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2015
Hereford, UK
Possible fix / workaround...

I reckon it's a Region or Language problem!!

I've just tried changing my settings to United States, and the problem doesn't occur, so perhaps the problem is unique to the United Kingdom field settings.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.