Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
This is a bizarre situation... in my yahoo email account, i see contacts that belong to a secondary user email i used to have along with my account. How can this have occurred and what can i do to delete the other user's contacts so they are not mixed up with mine?

cruisin

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2014
Canada
In Mail, under Settings > Accounts how many accounts do you have? If is more than one then delete the one you don't need.

If there is only one account, it is a Yahoo account problem and Mail is only using what Yahoo gives it. You need to sort it out with Yahoo.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
I'm not using mail though!
In Mail, under Settings > Accounts how many accounts do you have? If is more than one then delete the one you don't need.

If there is only one account, it is a Yahoo account problem and Mail is only using what Yahoo gives it. You need to sort it out with Yahoo.
There is just one account, and I'm seeing the contacts of the other user! Also keep in note that, other than the Mac platform, the issue is available on iOS on my iPhone! :(

Last edited:

cruisin

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2014
Canada
If it happens on two separate devices then it is a problem further upstream and you need to get Yahoo to fix it. It is not related to your local software.

Maybe login though the website and see what contacts you have saved? Maybe manually delete the ones you don't need?

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Thanks, my head is spinning, everything is such a mess!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.