Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

etaleb

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 7, 2012
I have about 1000 contacts in Outlook. When I'm traveling and get a local sim card, my contacts don't show up when they call me. Instead only their numbers show up. Somebody told me I have to add +1 to all my contacts. Is this accurate and is there anything else on iphone that'll allow me to see who's calling? This has nothing to do with dial assist since that's relevant only for outbound call

Worst case if there's no solution, I'll find a way to add +1 to all my contacts as those show up correctly when they called me

Thanks

DarkPremiumCho

macrumors 6502
Mar 2, 2023
That's possible. I had a similar issue with iMessages as well. You can test it by changing the contacts you communicate with most frequently. There are likely tools available to help you batch change your contacts.

Fred Zed

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2019
Florida Unfortunately
Yes add a +1 to their USA numbers. Currently in the UK and did the same for some of my USA contacts.
Also, another issue I encountered was that MMS picture messages sent to me from contacts in the USA Android devices would create a separate thread within the messages app. Still haven't resolved why this is occurring

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.