Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jim165

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 24, 2015
Man, I’ve been struggling with this issue since going ios13. Currently on 13.3 on an 8+ 256....any attempt to edit or add a contact makes the app stop in its tracks. I have my contacts set to sync to iCloud and I’m assuming it’s trying to upload to the cloud? Simply opening the contacts (either in phone app or the app itself) and selecting a contact will make the app freeze for at least a minute. Afterwards, making any changes and saving makes it freeze for at least 30-46 seconds. Add or change a picture and it’s at least 90srconds before anything happens. Trying to quickly add a contact is freakin impossible....anyone else having this issue?

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
Not seeing it in Contacts. Been smooth, but I'm not often doing editing in Contacts on iOS.

Guessing there is some bug in general with latest iOS: I see Safari lock up occasionally in a similar manner.

Are your contacts solely iOS and or iCloud?

Jim165

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 24, 2015
Not seeing it in Contacts. Been smooth, but I'm not often doing editing in Contacts on iOS.

Guessing there is some bug in general with latest iOS: I see Safari lock up occasionally in a similar manner.

Are your contacts solely iOS and or iCloud?
Yes, strictly IOS and ICloud. Very weird

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.