Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jparker402

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 7, 2016
Bellevue, NE
Even with Apple's help, have failed twice to get continuity camera feature to work. System keeps saying (1) can't find wifi or (2) timed out. On last go around with Apple support was told that the matter was wide-spread and that the engineers were working on it. Would some kind soul let me know when it works so I an try to use it again? (Usng 2015 MacBook Air and iPhone 8.)

Howard2k

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2016
I might be using this wrong, but it works for me.

For example, I have a folder on my internal drive. I open up Finder and right click into the folder and select Import from iPhone or iPad and then I am prompted to take a photo on my phone (or iPad).

I'm using a 2015 MBPro 13" and an iPhone 7. Mojave and iOS12.

jparker402

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 7, 2016
Bellevue, NE
Glad you can. I go to the document, select a spot, right click, select import photo from iPhone, and it says wifi no connected on this device when, in fact, wifi is connected on both iPhone and mac. On next attempt, menu is grayed out and won't respond.

Howard2k

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2016
I just tried it inside Pages, just in case that was different from inside Finder. That worked too. Even tried it with them both on different wifi networks and that worked too.

Do you have Bluetooth enabled on both devices?

Any funky wifi security? 802.1x?
Any software firewalls or other "intrusive" network apps on the Macbook?

jparker402

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 7, 2016
Bellevue, NE
I just tried it inside Pages, just in case that was different from inside Finder. That worked too. Even tried it with them both on different wifi networks and that worked too.

Do you have Bluetooth enabled on both devices?

Any funky wifi security? 802.1x?
Any software firewalls or other "intrusive" network apps on the Macbook?

Yes, no, no. Even Apple can't get mine to work.

Howard2k

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2016
Yes, no, no. Even Apple can't get mine to work.

Last throw of the dice, but I did a clean install of Mojave, I didn't upgrade from High Sierra.
We both have the same BT and WIFI capabilities on both of our devices I believe, so it's incredibly strange that it doesn't work. Probably different chipsets of course, if that's the issue.

Reactions: HenryDJP

jparker402

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 7, 2016
Bellevue, NE
Turn off Continuity, reboot, turn it back on. Helped my issue.
Mine works from iMessage.
Aha! Decided to go to the internet to find out how to turn off Continuity and found that it has been off on my iPhone! Maybe that has been the problem! Too late to test now, but will check it out tomorrow. Thanks!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.