Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DJTaurus

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 31, 2012
I haven t installed Yosemite or iOS 8....

With continuity feature on safari is it possible when you close a tab on one device the same happens on the other devices....? :)

Sorry mate.

No, unfortunately all Handoff does is, send the page your on to another device using bluetooth (pairing not necessary), therefore the tabs are not synced.

However I would send this suggestion to Apple, as I think it would be good for OS X 10.10.1!

I have made a YouTube video about the Handoff feature in Continuity, it doesn't specifically answer your question, but I talk about just how it works, however please remember it is still beta.

Take a look at it here: http://bit.ly/SskIZa (the link pops up with an error, but just click the link again below this text: 'Or, continue at your own risk to').

Joe HS

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2011
United Kingdom
On a related note Safari on Yosemite and iOS 8 appear to be able to autofill URLs and searches using the history of another device.

Update: Very annoying that mobile sites are included in the suggestions offered by desktop Safari. Could be useful when trying to get at a site you visited a while back but not when it replaces commonly viewed sites as the site that loads when you hit return.

Last edited:

se99jmk

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2012
It does look like you can manage web pages on other devices via iCloud tabs - Seems a little spotty at the moment (I've tried closing tabs across different devices and it seems to work intermittently)

matt2053

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2012
On a related note Safari on Yosemite and iOS 8 appear to be able to autofill URLs and searches using the history of another device.

Update: Very annoying that mobile sites are included in the suggestions offered by desktop Safari. Could be useful when trying to get at a site you visited a while back but not when it replaces commonly viewed sites as the site that loads when you hit return.

This is in iOS 7 and I think was in iOS 6.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.