Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacNchedder

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 22, 2009
I like to use the iPad to make calls on my iphone using continuity and often then use the Apple pencil and the Notes app to take notes during the call. HOWEVER, the sound of the pencil on the iPad can be annoying to the other person on the call. Anyone know of a way to get the call over to the iPhone to prevent the annoying sounds? Apple support was not aware of any way. I even tried turning Continuity off on the iPad (Settings/Facetime/Calls from iPhone), but that disconnected the call. I cross posted this in the ios 14 forum also. Thanks!

1BadManVan

macrumors 68040
Dec 20, 2009
Bc Canada
Am I missing something more obvious? Why not just answer the call on your phone and then use the iPad to take notes?

also for me, I just tap the speaker icon and I can select the phone, speaker phone or iPad

MacNchedder

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 22, 2009
While I can call on the phone, I am trying to consolidate as much of my work on the iPad which benefits my work flow

Caviar_X

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2010
Your workflow doesn't make any sense. Just use the speaker function on your iPhone to take notes.

Reactions: snipr125

MacNchedder

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 22, 2009
Zazoh, yes I am using the iPad speaker. Perhaps the only feasible approach is to use AirPods, etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.