Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Waxweazle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2013
Belgium
I'm trying to figure out what my phone is doing all the time. Fo some reason, when I check my phone, more than 75% of the time the little circle is twisting in the top right next to the icons..
I'm not running any apps in the background, I checked my internet connection and when I turn on airplane mode the icon stops. Turned off wifi for loads of apps but I couldn't find the problem. Any ideas..? It's really annoying to think it can be using quite some data in the background..
CuLw0rY.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
That has happened to me loads of times since iOS7, on every subsequent update in fact. A hard reset cures it temporarily, but it always returns. I have found that for me it's an App Store issue when restoring from an iCloud backup. The only solution (for me) is to erase all contents and settings, then to restore again.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Reset the phone by holding the power and home buttons until you see the Apple logo (none of your data will be lost).

I also turned off automatic app update. I had the problem but after doing that it's been fine.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
Reset the phone by holding the power and home buttons until you see the Apple logo (none of your data will be lost).

I also turned off automatic app update. I had the problem but after doing that it's been fine.

I never use automatic updates, and a hard reset only made the spinning data wheel go away for a matter of hours. A complete restore has always cured it permanently....until the next iOS7 update.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
I never use automatic updates, and a hard reset only made the spinning data wheel go away for a matter of hours. A complete restore has always cured it permanently....until the next iOS7 update.

Funny you say that. Mine didn't start doing the constant spinner until I restore as new on 7.1.1. I let it go for about a day, then reset the phone and its been fine. Thats been about 3 weeks give or take a day or two.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.