Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mnni

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 23, 2013
hi. I don't know if it's an hardware or software issue. On my iPhone X running 12.1.4 the swipe down gesture from the top right corner to access control center suddenly went missing. All I can access is notifications. The issues is the same for lock screen and unlocked operation.

Any ideas what is going on?

mnni

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 23, 2013
Yes

It seems to be a hardware issue. Control center works in landscape mode using a different "corner"

Justin Lawless

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2019
I’m having this same issue. Swipe down for Notification Center doesn’t work. Swipe from the right corner for Control Center doesn’t work. Tap the top when browsing a webpage to go to the top doesn’t work. When the time is highlighted in red, blue, or green for things like going back to a phone call doesn’t work either.

It seems that the top part of the screen just isn’t registering touches at all. This started last night and I had time today to reset all my content and settings hoping for a fix to no avail. Let me know if you figure anything out. If nothing happens soon I’ll probably head to the Apple Store in a week or so when I get a chance. Coincidentally my phone recently installed 12.1.4. I’m using an iPhone XS.

Reactions: Lana929

Ralfi

macrumors 601
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
Mine works, but I get the odd no response from that corner when waking (not unlocking) the device. I could have 4-5 failed swipe downs, but then it works & continues to for days until it happens again. o_O

Joe Rossignol

Senior Reporter
Staff member
May 12, 2012
Canada
Reactions: Naingwin

Lana929

macrumors newbie
Feb 22, 2019
I’m having this same issue. Swipe down for Notification Center doesn’t work. Swipe from the right corner for Control Center doesn’t work. Tap the top when browsing a webpage to go to the top doesn’t work. When the time is highlighted in red, blue, or green for things like going back to a phone call doesn’t work either.

It seems that the top part of the screen just isn’t registering touches at all. This started last night and I had time today to reset all my content and settings hoping for a fix to no avail. Let me know if you figure anything out. If nothing happens soon I’ll probably head to the Apple Store in a week or so when I get a chance. Coincidentally my phone recently installed 12.1.4. I’m using an iPhone XS.

Plz let us know if a fix is found. I’m having this identical issue :(

Justin Lawless

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2019
Plz let us know if a fix is found. I’m having this identical issue :(

I just got my phone back last week. There was some display malfunction. I had to go into the Apple Store and they sent my phone in for repair and gave me a loaner iPhone 8. It took about 5 days. They replaced the screen, the front camera/face ID part, a connector, and the battery. All covered under Apple Care. It works great now.

Mine is an iPhone XS, not an X like the original post was asking about.

maerz001

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2010
I just got my phone back last week. There was some display malfunction. I had to go into the Apple Store and they sent my phone in for repair and gave me a loaner iPhone 8. It took about 5 days. They replaced the screen, the front camera/face ID part, a connector, and the battery. All covered under Apple Care. It works great now.

Mine is an iPhone XS, not an X like the original post was asking about.
It should be covered by the 1year warranty not apple care

Reactions: Naingwin

xristos_d

macrumors member
Feb 28, 2020
mini iphone x had this problem...as i know the reason is the screen...i suggest you to go to an apple store and tell them your problem...propably they will repair your screen without cost

ondert

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2017
Canada
same thing started to happen after the latest update from iOS 14.7 to 14.8 but it's XS not X. I'm afraid of paying such high price to Apple now..

JayCar

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2013
Houston, TX
same thing started to happen after the latest update from iOS 14.7 to 14.8 but it's XS not X. I'm afraid of paying such high price to Apple now..
Check for warranty coverage. I had my screen replaced under warranty last year. Apparently there was an issue with the display and they know it, so coverage JUST for the display was extended 3 years.

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
Check for warranty coverage. I had my screen replaced under warranty last year. Apparently there was an issue with the display and they know it, so coverage JUST for the display was extended 3 years.
3 years from purchase date so it may not be covered anymore..

ondert

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2017
Canada
but there is no replacement program for XS, there are for 11 and X though..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.