Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iKristoffer

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 18, 2010
Aalborg, Denmark
Hi!

If I use my Spotify on my iPhone to AirPlay to my HomePod and I have the Spotify app installed on my AW7, then the Spotify app on the watch won't allow me to use the digital crown to control the volume. However, if I delete the Spotify app on my watch and the "default media player controller" shows up on my AW7, I can control it just fine.

Is there a way for me to force the default media player controller on my watch? I only want to have the Spotify app installed in case I need to listen to music while not having my phone on me. :)

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
If by “default media player” you mean “Now Playing” can’t you just open the“Now Playing” app (it is a separate app) on the watch to control the volume rather than the Spotify app, even if the Spotify app is installed on the watch? I don’t use Spotify so I can’t try it out.

iKristoffer

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 18, 2010
Aalborg, Denmark
If by “default media player” you mean “Now Playing” can’t you just open the“Now Playing” app (it is a separate app) on the watch to control the volume rather than the Spotify app, even if the Spotify app is installed on the watch? I don’t use Spotify so I can’t try it out.
No - pressing the Now Playing thing afterwards opens Spotify on the app (if it's installed). At least that is what happens when you press the little white dot-icon-thingy. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.