Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

magneeto

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 27, 2020
I have Wi-Fi enabled Smart Lights from LIFX can I control these lights from the Siri Remote that comes with Apple TV Box ? If yes, How ?

poorcody

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2013
As long as the lights are integrated into HomeKit (which I believe LIFX can be), then yes. You just hold the Siri button on the Siri Remote, and say something like "Turn on the Living Room Light". Note the Apple TV has to be on for that to work.

magneeto

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 27, 2020
As long as the lights are integrated into HomeKit (which I believe LIFX can be), then yes. You just hold the Siri button on the Siri Remote, and say something like "Turn on the Living Room Light". Note the Apple TV has to be on for that to work.
I tried doing that ? Tried speaking into the SIRI Remote it is asking me to install Homekit ? Can I install Homekit on the Apple TV in the first place ? is the Homekit APP available for the Apple TV APP store?

poorcody

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2013
I tried doing that ? Tried speaking into the SIRI Remote it is asking me to install Homekit ? Can I install Homekit on the Apple TV in the first place ? is the Homekit APP available for the Apple TV APP store?
That is odd, there really is nothing to install...

Does giving Siri commands to the light work from your iPhone? Can you see the light in the Home app? This should tell you if HomeKit is setup properly.

Is your AppleTV logged into iCloud (and same account), and on the same network as the light?

magneeto

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 27, 2020
That is odd, there really is nothing to install...

Does giving Siri commands to the light work from your iPhone? Can you see the light in the Home app? This should tell you if HomeKit is setup properly.

Is your AppleTV logged into iCloud (and same account), and on the same network as the light?

Yes I can control lights form my iPhone and iPad. And my Homekit is properly installed on my iOS device.

I am not sure if my Apple TV is logged into my iCloud account ? How to check that ? And do that ?

poorcody

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2013
I am not sure if my Apple TV is logged into my iCloud account ? How to check that ? And do that ?
Open the Settings App (gear icon), and go to Users and Accounts. You need to sign into iCloud to sync the HomeKit settings from your phone to your AppleTV.

magneeto

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 27, 2020
Open the Settings App (gear icon), and go to Users and Accounts. You need to sign into iCloud to sync the HomeKit settings from your phone to your AppleTV.

It has been long since I sync my lights with Home it so in this case how do I sync the Homekit Settings into my iCloud on Apple TV ?

magneeto

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 27, 2020
Yes this thing worked. I had to turn On bluetooth on my iOS device and then go to Homekit there and just tap connect to my Apple TV.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.