Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Washac

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 2, 2006
Is there a controller App out there for Mac like ControllerMate that that has an archive of setups for different games as the one called Pinnacle has for Windows, or does anyone know of an archive of ControllerMate profiles, or any Mac controller App that has a profile archive ?

I ask because I am pretty useless at setting these things up to work with any kind of real usefulness.

Flint Ironstag

macrumors 65816
Dec 1, 2013
Houston, TX USA
Sorry, only used ControllerMate myself. Had been a satisfied user of it for years until - I forget which - a problem with either Saitek X56 Rhino HOTAS or Razer Orbweaver Chroma - developer couldn't help me get it configured so I got a refund on that version.

And yes, they can be a pain lately to set up. Nowadays I only play WoW (to do some PvP in Alterac Valley), Heroes of the Storm, and Elite: Dangerous. I play everything in macOS (on rig in signature) except E D because it rocks in VR. I'll probably do the High Sierra + eGPU upgrade this weekend so I won't need the extra Supermicro rig anymore.

My point is, these games can use a ton of keybindings, and even though I ended up doing them all myself (again), I DID place an ad at the U of H campus for anyone who could do the deed for me. Pizza, Beer, Ca$h. Nobody responded until after I had done it all.

kiwipeso1

Suspended
Sep 17, 2001
Wellington, New Zealand
Is there a controller App out there for Mac like ControllerMate that that has an archive of setups for different games as the one called Pinnacle has for Windows, or does anyone know of an archive of ControllerMate profiles, or any Mac controller App that has a profile archive ?

I ask because I am pretty useless at setting these things up to work with any kind of real usefulness.

I suggest you search the mac app store for "gamepad" or "joystick" to see the utilities available there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.