Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FF_productions

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Apr 16, 2005
Mt. Prospect, Illinois
Hey Guys

I'm looking to buy Madden NFL 2008 for OSX, but I'm looking for a controller that will be compatible with it because using a keyboard is a pain in the ass.

I've heard about people using an XBOX 360 controller, and there are drivers for it, but I'm not sure if it would work with every game.

Any safe options for me?

Eric5h5

macrumors 68020
Dec 9, 2004
Pretty much any USB controller will work. However, a gamepad isn't going to work with every game, only the ones that are programmed to use them. I don't have any experience with the Xbox360 controller, but if the drivers work, then it should work with any gamepad-enabled game.

--Eric

JackAxe

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2004
In a cup of orange juice.
I have an app called ControllerMate, which allows me take and HID device like a gamepad and fully program it for any app.

I've been using it to get my joysticks extra buttons to work in DOSBox, since it only supports 2 at the time. I also use it to give my SpaceTraveler support in other apps besides Maya.

<]=)

Xeem

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2005
Minnesota
The 360 controller should, as Eric5h5 said, will work with any gamepad-enabled game. The downloadable Xbox 360 driver lets you use third party 360 controllers as well; my Mad Catz controller worked just as well as the Microsoft did.

imac abuser

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2004
I have a logitech controller that I have never been able to get to work thanks god for my xbox 360, and 360 elite

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.