Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ryanmcv

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 12, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I started my 60 day MobileMe trial last week when I received my new iPhone 4. I began to really like the service and decided to purchase a box for an individual subscription on eBay. I bought it from a reputable seller for about $50. I have received the sealed box, but I'm not sure when I should enter the activation code. If I enter it now, will my full subscription start after my 60 day trial? Or does my full subscription start as soon as I enter the code? Basically, I'm trying to figure out how to maximize the length of the subscription and take full advantage of the 60 day trial. Thanks for your help!

gb7

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2010
Portland, OR
Your account will convert to the paid one, so I'll wait until there are 2 or 3 days left on the trial and then enter the code.

This is not accurate. I am still on the trial until 7/21 and applied my code yesterday, MM still shows my account type as free trial but now says "Your subscription will start on Jul 21, 2010." as well.

It also shows an activation key credit under the options menu.

Bottom line, you will get to finish your trial and on the 60th day your subscription will start, you can safely enter your key.

severe

macrumors 6502a
May 23, 2007
This is not accurate. I am still on the trial until 7/21 and applied my code yesterday, MM still shows my account type as free trial but now says "Your subscription will start on Jul 21, 2010." as well...

Having gone through this process a week ago, I can confirm this. I'd gone from trial to paid with no issues.

ryanmcv

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 12, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Thanks guys... you were correct. My trial was set to expire on August 22, 2010. I applied the activation key, and it now says: "An Activation Key will be applied to your renewal on Aug 22, 2010."

Here's the full message I got:
Account Converted.
Your activation key has been sucessfully applied to your account and will be used for your first year of MobileMe.

Your subscription will automatically renew on Aug 22, 2011 using the credit card in your account.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.