Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
I love these threads... "Convince me..." OR, put on your big boy pants and make a decision... Blame shifting...

First of all, it's THE FIRST DEVELOPER beta of the new OS. That alone should make you wary of installing it. Secondly, if you are not a developer, or don't work with/for a developer (or haven't ponied up the $99 annual fee to be a developer), you have no legal access to the beta software. Finally, the beta process has historically been a bumpy ride - a good release, a bad release, problems with third party apps, etc.

If you can get it, knock yourself out... I don't care either way.

Last edited:

GIZBUG

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2006
Chicago, IL
That is what I am doing I believe! Though on a old device.

Cool. So we can close this thread now since you were convinced?
[doublepost=1529174894][/doublepost]
I love these threads... "Convince me...". Or, put on your big boy pants and make a decision... Blame shifting...

First of all, it's THE FIRST DEVELOPER beta of the new OS. That alone should make you wary of installing it. Secondly, if you are not a developer, or don't work with/for a developer (or haven't ponied up the $99 annual fee to be a developer), you have no legal access to the beta software. Finally, the beta process has historically been a bumpy ride - a good release, a bad release, problems with third party apps, etc.

If you can get it, knock yourself out... I don't care either way.

Agree 100%
OP isn’t even a developer, which this beta is meant for. Your response should be STICKIED in this forum so we don’t have these questions every hour

Reactions: C DM

Daniel Hood

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2015
I ran it from the day it was released until June 14th on my iPhone 6s+. The only reason I stopped was that I upgraded to the iPhone X (which is running ios12) due to my screen breaking.

I think the collapsed notifications alone were enough to make ios12 worth it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.