Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Donka

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 3, 2011
Scotland
The Portable Wireless Speaker from Coocheer is a small but very good sounding Bluetooth speaker with the ability to act as a USB audio device as well.
The speaker measures in at 168 x 69 x 51mm and weighs 481g. It has a 1200mAh rechargeable battery that lasts for up to 8 hours. Included in the package alongside the speaker is a micro USB charging cable, a 3.5mm audio cable, carry bag and a user guide.

The speaker features an on off switch on the rear, next to a micro USB charge and aux in sockets. A multifunction dial on top controls volume, track changing, play/pause and interacting with phone calls. There is a microphone to allow use as a speakerphone and it also features NFC to make pairing a simple process for NFC enabled devices.

Sound quality for such a portable speaker is actually very impressive. This has a fairly rich sound which impresses and sounds good with a large variety of music. You couldn’t call it bass heavy given the limited size of the enclosure but it still offers a very pleasing sound. It is rated at 2 x 3w output which is adequate to fill a small room.

I know I would be more than happy to travel with this speaker as it's a great blend of sound performance and size. Its not too large to pack and not too small that the sound is overly compromised. I certainly don’t have any complaints with this speaker and can happily recommend it.
Disclaimer - I received this as a free sample for review on Amazon but wanted to share my thoughts here.

More details at http://bit.ly/24iaXLA

Attachments

• IMG_0682.JPG
    IMG_0682.JPG
    209.5 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.