Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMetalG5

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 13, 2005
I've been searching around the net for some cool 1440x900 wallpaper for my iMac but there really isn't much. I like the "sky" ones (sunsets, clouds and grassy green fields, etc...) and other cool ones i've seen posted here but where are you guys getting them? Advice??

iMetalG5

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 13, 2005
thanks guys,

if i can't find one in 1440x900 what is the next best size that can "fit" i guess. so many cool ones in the popular 1024x768 (ibook)...

I like the ones on Pixelgirlpresents. But again so many in 1024.

Thanks for the links I'll start searching....

iMetalG5

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 13, 2005
Jigglelicious said:
You know, you can always just take a higher resolution image, and just crop it to the resolution you want.

heh, what's the easiest way to do this :eek:

matticus008

macrumors 68040
Jan 16, 2005
Bay Area, CA
iMetalG5 said:
heh, what's the easiest way to do this :eek:

It's really, really easy. Download the image that's larger than your resolution to your desktop or wherever. Drag the new image to iPhoto.

Once opened in iPhoto:
1. Select the image and click Edit if you're in Library view.
2. Next to "Crop" there is a drop-down box called "constrain." Click the arrow.
3. Choose "NNxN (Display)" in order to create a select box matching your resolution. For example, my PowerBook says "1280x854 (Display)."
4. iPhoto creates a box highlighting what will be saved. Move that box around to frame your shot however you like it best.
5. If the image is really huge, you may have to resize it first (but make sure you don't make it any smaller than either axis of your display resolution).
6. Once you've got it how you want it, Click the "Crop" button.
7. Click "Done" and then when the library appears, click "Desktop" to make it your wallpaper.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.