Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hupple

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 27, 2009
MBA Rev C Snow Leopard
And it is Coolbook 2.15 for snow leopard, I download this version from the link in latest dmg.

But, you can see from the snapshot that even I set the frequency be only 798MHz, cpu can reach 1862MHz and by the way, I only open firefox, mail, Tweetie and QSB at that time.

Attachments

• 屏幕快照 2009-10-14 下午04.48.01.png
    屏幕快照 2009-10-14 下午04.48.01.png
    52.3 KB · Views: 105

Scottsdale

Suspended
Sep 19, 2008
U.S.A.
What the heck do you need CoolBook on a new MBA for???

Add - The whole point of CoolBook WAS to undervolt the original MBA's HIGHER voltage Merom CPU. It was too hot in the confined space driving other constraints including an Intel integrated graphics system that overheated too in the confined space of the MBA.

Apple completely learned its lesson and used a lower voltage far superior Penryn CPU in the v 2,1 MBAs. In addition, it used an Nvidia GPU that is five times more capable. In addition, added SATA drive controller, 40% faster DDR3 1066 MHz RAM, and etc.

The result is a MacBook Air that doesn't overheat. It doesn't stutter and lock up while trying to play video. Hence, CoolBook undervolting is not necessary and you're using an optimized CPU outside of its normal voltage range and specifications set by Intel.

Now it made sense to go to such radical measures with the original MBA as it simply couldn't perform in the tight space and heat lead to disasterous failures. Apple provided NO help or cures for the original MBA. Apple simply used components that needed more space and fans to cool the overheated components. Intel's Penryn CPU changed that as it's already LOW VOLTAGE. Why try to undervolt a CPU outside of its specified range when it operates efficiently without overheating in the first place.

The first MBA was broke, and Apple couldn't fix it but CoolBook helped. The next two MBAs with Penryn CPUs was NOT broke so why fix it?

I just don't understand the logic of people screwing with a perfectly running Penryn CPU in an excellently performing Mac. Some will disagree, but I don't get "messing" with a perfectly opperating part.

hupple

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 27, 2009
What the heck do you need CoolBook on a new MBA for???

Add - The whole point of CoolBook WAS to undervolt the original MBA's HIGHER voltage Merom CPU. It was too hot in the confined space driving other constraints including an Intel integrated graphics system that overheated too in the confined space of the MBA.

Apple completely learned its lesson and used a lower voltage far superior Penryn CPU in the v 2,1 MBAs. In addition, it used an Nvidia GPU that is five times more capable. In addition, added SATA drive controller, 40% faster DDR3 1066 MHz RAM, and etc.

The result is a MacBook Air that doesn't overheat. It doesn't stutter and lock up while trying to play video. Hence, CoolBook undervolting is not necessary and you're using an optimized CPU outside of its normal voltage range and specifications set by Intel.

Now it made sense to go to such radical measures with the original MBA as it simply couldn't perform in the tight space and heat lead to disasterous failures. Apple provided NO help or cures for the original MBA. Apple simply used components that needed more space and fans to cool the overheated components. Intel's Penryn CPU changed that as it's already LOW VOLTAGE. Why try to undervolt a CPU outside of its specified range when it operates efficiently without overheating in the first place.

The first MBA was broke, and Apple couldn't fix it but CoolBook helped. The next two MBAs with Penryn CPUs was NOT broke so why fix it?

I just don't understand the logic of people screwing with a perfectly running Penryn CPU in an excellently performing Mac. Some will disagree, but I don't get "messing" with a perfectly opperating part.

It is because sometimes I wanna control the cpu to not run at high frequency.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.