Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DJ Hoyt

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2001
Austin, TX US
ROFLmao

*Bursts out laughing* PLEASE!!! ROFL! That is so obvious. And he copied Apple's code as you probably noticed on his site, it wasn't an Apple site. Besides that, lol, Copper would **** up the power source and the computer would fritz out and die. ROFL! PLEASE! Besides, why would you want a powerbook made out of the same thing as a penny. Obviously this person doesn't know the first thing about computers. But he knows how to use the basic features in Photoshop and I give him thumbs up for that =P~ ~ ~

macman4

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 19, 2001
Azusa California
Well you got one thing right, you laughed! that's all it was suposted to be for. This wasn't trying to be the "next" powerbook, or be even for real, it was for a joke, which I guess you didn't understand.
Maybe next time I make a pun, I will make it a little more obvious that it is a joke.
And for choosing copper, that was the whole idea that it wouldn't work well!

spikey

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2001
To Mr Hoyt

With all this "Rolls On Floor Laughing" you should be careful, a mate tried that and landed in cat ****.

DJ Hoyt

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2001
Austin, TX US
LOL (not rolling anymore)

Thanks for the tip. And I didn't mean to cause any offense and I'm deeply sorry if I did. And actually it would take quite a bit of skill to do that with Photoshop. Hey, Apple should make a PowerBook out of Plutonium

macman4

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 19, 2001
Azusa California
Now a Plutonium powerbook, that kind of transuranic powerbook would be funny, all one needs to do is drop it into a municipal water supply,,or maybe sell it on the blackmarket. Not to sure how a CRT monitor would fair when close to it with the subatomic decay interacting with the phosflourcense. Perhaps it should come with lead shelding, or some sort of carying device, considering plutonium is 16 to 20 grams/cubic centimeter!!

Kela

macrumors 6502
May 12, 2001
US
Freak Patrol

YOu people are all freaks. I mean, each of you has to show that you know something. First an innocent poster posts something about a copper powerbook, only to be ridiculed and rebuffed by a DJHoyt. Then another wannabe wants to show to the world that ROFL stands for Rolling on the floor laughing. Then Macman4 returns to make a scientific thesis on making a powerbook out of plutonium. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE??

- Ciao Max

DJ Hoyt

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2001
Austin, TX US
Cry me a ****ing river

Man, you try to be funny and creative. And a non-original person jumps on you and starts complaining. Geesh, get a girlfriend or something. Maybe she'll have a life she can give you.

DJ Hoyt

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2001
Austin, TX US
I didn't understand the point at the first glance, but then I started looking at it and realizing "Damn that's clever." And it was also quite funny. I showed it to my friends. Really clever to make it look like an Apple site. I give macman thumbs up for that.

I wonder how much it would cost to get a Titanium Powerbook plated with 24k Gold. Or how bout a Quartz Anniversary Powerbook?

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
Apple need no more exotic metal's

Look apple now has enough exotic metal's to deal with for a life time. No damn gold g4's and I don't think a quartz powerbook would work.

greenplasticcup

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2001
i think you guys are a bit too stinkin sensitive. maybe it's just typical for posters on this site to jump on every joke or fun idea and tell the world how horrible it is, but is there any way to joke around? Or are you guys just always grumpy?

bw

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
Me grumpy?

Rofl!!!! Funny, I though you were serious for a second. Now i'm no grumpy 30 year old. I'm 13 and not grumpy. I think apple going with titanium was bad. Or it could be that I haven't opened my window in 30 days and I'm breathing carbon . I can't figure it out.

spikey

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2001
lister's arse

I thought rofl woz common knowledge. well, im sorry for annoying u kela. Next time i will keep my ****ing mouth shut. :(

DJ Hoyt

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2001
Austin, TX US
HA!

This is such a riot. Just one funny site and everyone is getting offended. Geesh. ROFL is common knowledge to IM savy people. And also, Titanium was a great idea for a powerbook. And I still think Quartz would make a cool powerbook, just would be a little fragile. Maybe it would be a good conversation peice :-D

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
Okay, so quartz would look good

I admit that quartz would look way cool. Even though is would chip pritty easyly. And apple would get a alot calls saying it the quartz was chiped on deliverly.

[Edited by MrMacman on 07-25-2001 at 06:41 PM]

greenplasticcup

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2001
a billion would be nice, can you imagine, selling a billion powerbooks. nice. :)

kidding. don't get grumpy at me for taking you literally.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.