Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alvin777

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 31, 2003
Hello Apple friends, copying and pasting text and photos between my Mac & iPhone isn't working. Wifi, bluetooth and HandOff are both ON on both gadgets and are using macOS Monterey and iOS 15 (meets the requirements for Continuity and HandOff). What other settings have I missed? Thank you, stay safe.

Have a very blessed week.

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
Which mac, iPhone, MacOS and IOS versions do you have?

Works for me on 12.6 Studio and IOS 16.0.1 14 Pro Max.

Reactions: Alvin777

Alvin777

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 31, 2003
Hi it's fixed now. It seem when I log on to another macOS installation which uses the same Apple ID, it logs you out another (say your iPhone) and you have to log in again the Apple ID on the iOS/iPadOS and/or macOS.

Thanks.

bktpl

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2022
For people who need it, only this could help me (i do not know what could change my profile settings it stopped to work but i lost 2 days of resolving the issue and on new profile it was ok):
If no insight or resolve

verify from the Terminal.app command line, copy and paste:

defaults read ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.coreservices.useractivityd.plist ClipboardSharingEnabled 0

If the output is "0" ...

change it to "1" by copy and paste:

defaults write ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.coreservices.useractivityd.plist ClipboardSharingEnabled 1

Info from this site:

Reactions: Alvin777

Deedeekay

Cancelled
Aug 18, 2021
I get "ClipboardSharingEnabled" does not exist.

The only thing that has so far worked for me is navigating through user/Preferences and deleting the "com.apple.universalaccess.plist" file and restarting.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.