Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jomskylark

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 30, 2008
Hi,

When I try to copy/paste a string of colored text in Pages 5.5.3, it just reverts to black. Every time. For example, I might copy a green sentence, then go to paste it and the text will be pasted, but it remains in black and not green. My reasoning is that the spot in which I am pasting the text is currently colored black – but if I'm copying green text, it should paste green text, not revert to the default color.

This was not a problem in Pages '09, and is not a problem in pretty much every other single word processor or document editor. Any suggestions? I need to copy and paste lots of colored text and I don't want to have to go through multiple hurdles via the color wheel hundreds of individual times.

Thanks!
[doublepost=1453191281][/doublepost]Ok, I found a workaround. If the text and the paragraph symbol are both colored green (or whatever color), trying to copy and paste it will automatically revert it to black. But if the text and the paragraph symbol are colored green and black respectively, then the color icon in the sidebar shows three grey dots instead of a color, and pasting it will automatically revert to the color of the text. Very annoying little bug.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.