Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

agtoau

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 1, 2006
Silicon Valley, CA
I am trying to transfer specific albums of photos/videos that are in the Photos app on my Mac Pro to my niece's iPad mini. I did the sync using iTunes and the albums appeared on her iPad's Photos app. However, the photos remain uneditable & undeletable on her iPad mini.

Furthermore, I could only sync from my iTunes to her iPad mini when her iCloud was turned off for Photos.

My question is: how can I transfer photos from my Mac Pro to her iPad mini without them being linked back in any way to my computers and accounts.

Such a simple task has been rendered complex by Apple!

xArtx

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2012
There are unofficial tools that did it (so long as it still works with current iOS).
I have used a free one successfully, and also purchased the licence for another that I also forget the name of.
But so long as the method they use still works I imagine a few programs would do it.
Putting photos in proper albums that is.

An easy way to send photos is just email them to the phone, open the email,
click the curved arrow at the bottom of the screen and save the images to the camera roll.
Or if they are viewable on the net anywhere else (like Facebook),
view the photo in Facebook, and take a screenshot by holding home + power button.
That also gets saved to camera roll.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.