Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BeautifulWoman_1984

Contributor
Original poster
Sep 5, 2016
Hey guys,

I've got a bunch of video files on my iPad that I want to copy from the iPad to my Windows 10 PC. I'm running iTunes on my Windows 10 PC.

What's the easiest way to transfer these files?

Thank you for any advice!

st4nt

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2023
There's a bunch of quick web-based transfer tools online, checkout NoUSB dot co for example, just requires to flash a QR code, nothing to install.

bogdanw

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2009
Yes second one, just drag & drop the file on one side and they're available for download on the other side. There's a qr code top right under "Sharing link" to join the virtual drive.
The question in this thread was how to transfer files from inside the VLC Streamer app on iOS to the a Windows PC.

• Love
Reactions: BeautifulWoman_1984

BeautifulWoman_1984

Contributor
Original poster
Sep 5, 2016
Thank you for your replies!
When I open "Settings" and general the files in VLCStreamer Pro seemed to be stored together.

This is what I see in 'Settings' on my iPad:
oh yeah I didn't see their second post. But are they not accessible from the File app?

@BeautifulWoman_1984 you can use the "Edit" button under your posts to edit your question directly.

Does my image upload help?
See "Transfer files between your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch and your computer"
https://support.apple.com/guide/itunes/itns32636/windows
I don't think this will work for me? :(

BeautifulWoman_1984

Contributor
Original poster
Sep 5, 2016
Thank you for your reply!

I just spent one hour focused on this but I couldn't get the files transferred... 😭
😭😭

I connected the iPad Mini 3 to my Win10 PC running iTunes via the charging cable. HOWEVER, it seems that the cable between the iPad Mini 3 and the Win10 PC must be connected constantly otherwise the transfer stops. The problem is my iPad Mini 3 charging port is damaged so I need to keep my finger onto the charging port otherwise it disconnects...

I tried turning on WiFi sharing but I'm not sure how this works?

It seems like the only way for me to do the transfer is to do it with the charging cable? 😭
😭😭

Edit:

How else can I transfer the files from VLC Streamer Pro via WiFi?

Would bluetooth work? It's impossible for me to transfer the data from the old iPad because the charging port is damaged so I need to apply pressure so that it remains connected to the Windows PC 😰
😰😰

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.