Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Abdulhaq

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 23, 2013
I have been having some problems transferring music from my PC (Windows Desktop) to my iPhone 12. I have some folders containing songs of specific singers and I want the same folders to appear in my iphone to enable me to play music of specific singers. Kindly guide me to do so.

kitKAC

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2022
Are you using iTunes to copy the music? That's the only way to do it (for the music to be playable using the Music app).

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
I want the same folders to appear in my iphone to enable me to play music of specific singers.
Music doesn't display "folders". I think you have two choices to do it the Music way. 1) Use search to find all songs by a specific singer. 2) Build a playlist (or better, a smart playlist) to collect all of the songs by a specific singer.

Abdulhaq

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 23, 2013
Music doesn't display "folders". I think you have two choices to do it the Music way. 1) Use search to find all songs by a specific singer. 2) Build a playlist (or better, a smart playlist) to collect all of the songs by a specific singer.
I like the idea of creating a playlist. But help me to copy all the songs to my iphone using itunes. Also let me know about smart playlist. Thanks.

Abdulhaq

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 23, 2013
Are you using iTunes to copy the music? That's the only way to do it (for the music to be playable using the Music app).
Yes. But where do I copy the songs in my Windows PC so that I can see them in iTunes for selection.

kitKAC

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2022
Yes. But where do I copy the songs in my Windows PC so that I can see them in iTunes for selection.

Drag and drop the files into the iTunes window, or use the Import option under the File menu (I'm assuming that's where it will be).

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
I'm not familiar at all with iTunes for Windows. But if it's like the Mac software, you'll find an Import item under the File menu. That's how you get your songs into iTunes. For Playlists, Apple offers help...

Abdulhaq

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 23, 2013
Drag and drop the files into the iTunes window, or use the Import option under the File menu (I'm assuming that's where it will be).
Under the File Menu I don't see an "Import" option. Neither is it available any other menus. Kindly let me know what other equivalent option I should use.

Spaceboi Scaphandre

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2022
Honestly at this point I'd suggest you get a Mac. iTunes is hot garbage and Apple's intentionally leaving it garbage to push iPhone users to switch to Mac for The Ecosystem™. Moving music from a Mac to an iPhone is infinitely much easier, being able to do it from Finder not just the Apple Music app.

Abdulhaq

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 23, 2013
Honestly at this point I'd suggest you get a Mac. iTunes is hot garbage and Apple's intentionally leaving it garbage to push iPhone users to switch to Mac for The Ecosystem™. Moving music from a Mac to an iPhone is infinitely much easier, being able to do it from Finder not just the Apple Music app.
I agree with you that itunes is hot garbage as it has given me a lot of head-ache. I have a mac-mini but it does not have itunes. Kindly show me in brief how to push music from the "Finder" to my iphone 12.

Spaceboi Scaphandre

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2022
I agree with you that itunes is hot garbage as it has given me a lot of head-ache. I have a mac-mini but it does not have itunes. Kindly show me in brief how to push music from the "Finder" to my iphone 12.

Okay so basically, you plug the iPhone into the Mac...then you open Finder...then you just drag and drop the music to the iPhone on the sidebar. That's it. That's literally it lol. So much simpler than iTunes.

eicca

Suspended
Oct 23, 2014

Unless they've fixed the infuriating bug where individual songs appear on the iPhone as their own separate album after being copied over, Music on Mac is still no better than iTunes on Windows.

turbochgd

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2022
Personally I’ve used iMazing the past few years as it’s easy and I never had much luck with iTunes to start with. iMazing is great for many other tasks as well.

Coming from the Android world a few years back I needed something that would move stuff as easily as drag and drop. iMazing does it well.

kitKAC

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2022
Unless they've fixed the infuriating bug where individual songs appear on the iPhone as their own separate album after being copied over, Music on Mac is still no better than iTunes on Windows.

That sounds like the metadata/tags on files were bad, can't say I've ever had that problem.

eicca

Suspended
Oct 23, 2014
That sounds like the metadata/tags on files were bad, can't say I've ever had that problem.
I’ve rebuilt the metadata so many times and it hasn’t done jack squat. Multiple computers do this to me.

Mark Stone

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2022
In its case.
In my experience, it’s easier to go to the source and re-download your music. For example, if you purchased music at Amazon, you can download the Amazon app and access your previous purchases to download the music again. I’ve been able to transfer music from a PC via iTunes, but that’s a big pain imho. 😊

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.