Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

loybond

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 1, 2010
The True North, Strong and Free
Just wanted to clear off some holiday vids on my iPhone X.

Tried my standard method of connecting with a USB cable directly and using Image Capture. Found that copy/paste and drag-and-drop no longer work. Import looks to have the same functionality, so I choose a folder and after copying some videos and photos over, it fails about halfway.

Tried to Airdrop. Initially tried about 90 files, and it first took a long time (converting from HEVC I guess?) and then fails the whole transfer. Then, I tried a smaller number of files. The phone says it sent the files, but the iMac says its still transferring and 2/3 of the video files appear to be 0 bytes.

Connected to a Windows PC, hit trust this computer and put in my passcode, and the phone started charging, but there's no popup for the iPhone as a camera to copy/import pictures from. Went to the W10 Photos app, but it doesn't see the iPhone, even though it is connected and even charging. In device manager, it does not show up.

Anyone else have any issues like this? This basically means that I can't copy my pics and vids to a computer at the moment.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
DO you have the latest version of iTunes installed. It would contain the drivers for the X. I can plug my X into even an Windows computer and get file box to open with all my videos and images.

loybond

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 1, 2010
The True North, Strong and Free
Yes I do have the latest version. Even reinstalled it. Oddly, it's not working on either the Windows PC or my iMac (so 2 different Lightning cables, 2 different ports and 2 different computers). I'll try restarting the iPhone to see if it makes any difference, otherwise the only common element seems to be the phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.